SKYE: 30th April - 1st May ?

zigzag":gsf1gaep said:
Hmmm, I finish work early on a Friday (3pm). Looks like 1.5 hrs (ish) to Dundeh from Failkirk.

Radek - What time could you be in Falkirk on the Friday after work?

I finish work at 5.30 maybe could do half hour earlier, my employee aren't too flexible and I'm busy lately. Sorry guys if that change your plans, but will go to work all packed and ready, can hit motorway to Falkirk straight after work. I'd say 6.30, 7ish at ZZ house depend on traffic. I'll try negotiate with my manager to leave 4.30 but can't guarantee, all depend on work. If it will be like today then no chance.

Where do you work/live Radek? With the timings it might work out quicker heading down to yours/ZZ and heading from there.

Glasgow city centre. Probably would be better to meet at ZZ or anywhere in half way.

ZigZags is looking most likely as I would get there about the same time as you - although there is the firday night rush hour and cumbernauld roadworks to deal with.

Zigzag & Radek, PM me you address or postcode - Radek if you can leave straight from work give me that one.

Mind the Royal weddings on the 29th, since a lot of folks are getting the day off I reckon rush-hour traffic will be lighter than usual.

I'm pretty much 10 minutes from the motorway, coming from the West (exit Junction 1, M876) and from the east (exit Junction 5, M9).

Good point ZZ, forgot about it. I have half mile to M8/A80 from work, if traffic will be low then I should hit motorway rapidly.

Hmmm, google maps says 2.5 hrs from Falkirk to Ft Bill, 2 hrs 20 from Ft Bill to Glen Slig.

Falkirk to Glen Slig just under 5 hrs.

Both routes not using Armadale-Mallaig ferry.

Then we should meet at Zigzags. I get 4:30 hours to slig from dundee, 4:50 falkirk or 4:40 glasgow.

...or and I'll need to look at this on monday once the boss is back... I could take a half-day holiday, drive to ZZ for 3, pack and leave for Glasgow, meet radek at 5 and drive up from there.... we could even pick up Mr P on route :) - we'd be at the campsite before 10pm.

if fort bill is still 2 hours from slig I think I'd rather keep driving to get closer or even there, pitching tents in the dark isn't fun though.

It is a bank holiday weekend so the roads to the hills could be busy.

Back