1990 Offroad Proflex 750

Fair enough, you can't argue with that!

My memory isn't what it used to be these days, but am fairly sure I bought the bike in tail end of 1990. Which would make sense if it was one of the first on sale in Autumn of that year.

I'm the owner of one of the RF1 made by serotta. It's like the bike of the photo but silver grey painted. The rear arm was orange and made of cromoly. Now I'm restoring it. The bushes were blue and small, like the photo ones.

Miliu

miliu":1kmn50dy said:
I'm the owner of one of the RF1 made by serotta. It's like the bike of the photo but silver grey painted. The rear arm was orange and made of cromoly. Now I'm restoring it. The bushes were blue and small, like the photo ones.

Miliu

Would like to see some pictures of that!, Its gonna be my next project - an RF-1 Replica, decals are already made ➡️ :)

Note.... Did you know that they were a very limited run and at least one of the team bikes was stolen and never seen again :eek:

RBG

OFFROADDECALSMAINpicture.jpg

Anyone know of a source for replacement shocks, or replacements for the flexstem?

The replacement I bought for the rear was supposed to fit but doesn't.

Lionel Blair":3ofqtk2l said:
Anyone know of a source for replacement shocks, or replacements for the flexstem?

The replacement I bought for the rear was supposed to fit but doesn't.

I bought some of these for my 752
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Land-Rover-Defend ... 3ef226edc8
Not fitted them yet so can't say how good they are - quite hard though I think.

Someone (I think LGF) recommended elastomers from a "fat bum lady seat" (I think that was the quote!). I think they are softer.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi retrobikeguy

First of all sorry my poor english.

Well, I bought this brand new frame in 1991 in Valencia, Spain.
They tell me that the frame was one of a very limited number of them, but I think they didn't know how limited was... The spanish distributor of Proflex was in Valencia too, so I suppose they left this frame in the store where I bought it.

For a lot of years I was seeking information about that strange model... RF-1. I didn't find something about it until some time ago here in Retrobike.

Now my frame isn't in a good condition, but I'll try to make some photos of it. Recently I bought a very old 550 which shares some pieces with the RF-1. I'm trying to end the restoration in July.

Some things more. There are people who installed some bushes from the Cane Creek seatpost. You can find them in CRC.
Even the blue colour it's the same. I'll try to put them.

About your decals. The font type of "PRO·FLEX" isn't the same that in the frame. I'll can tell you what's exactly the font type, but I need a little of time. The orange colour is a fluorescent orange. Due the sunny weather in Spain this colour turned in something like pink in my frame, but it's possible to see the original colour in internal parts of the rear arm. I'll try to find the pantone of this colour in order to repaint. The silver colour is like a Toyota Rav4 silver. I'm experienced in colour management in press edition and I think that the original scans that you post of the photos of the RF1 team bike made the colours a little false. I suppose it isn't difficult to find the pantone codes of both two colours. Please give me time and i'll find them.

Saludos
Miliu

yagamuffin - maybe I am being thick, but I have NO idea what a 'fat bum lady seat' is.. those landrover elastomers look hopeful though. Let me know how you get on.

Back