Breezer rider

kb11

Dirt Disciple
I've always wanted a Breezer. Any Breezer, but I had no illusions of ever owning a series II or III.
Those are for the collectors / lawyers with deep pockets . Next on the list would of been a '91 Lightning Flash.
A fillet brazed Lightning frame made by Shitamori in Japan in '91 only. Very rare! But this '92 Lightning Pro is
mine and I'm still grinning. Late 80's and early 90's hardtails are my favorite riders. The lightweight
frame wars was at full tilt, handleing was dialed in and Suntour was at the height of its development.

This build was fairly easy. The bike was on display at a bike shop in Idaho for the last 18 years. Around '95
someone decided it needed a new Rockshox Judy with Aheadset, Dean stem, different bars, LX shifter pods and XT drailleur.
But they kept the fork. It also had some Tom slick tires, guess they were aiming for the Klein crowd . The bike
may have been ridden once or twice but that will change.

All the parts needed to restore back to original were in hand except for the fillet brazed Breezer stem. Yeeeiiiks,
I don't think I've ever seen one on Ebay or anywhere. But the Cartel is alive and I have to thank Bryan for swapping
me a Breezer stem. I upgraded the headset to Suntour Grease Guard Xc Pro, the bars to Ritchey Prolite WCS and
a later model Ritchey seat. Ritchey Z-max WCS tires get the nod as Smokes were not one of my favorites.
Everything else is original, Suntour Micro-drive cranks/ 11-24 7 speed cassette / Grease Guard hubs / Grease
Guard BB / XC pro shifters / derailleurs / Suntour APII chain / Ritchey FD seatpost / Ritchy Logic brake levers /
Dia Comp 987 Canti's / Ritchey Vantage Comp rims / Wheelsmith 15/17 spokes / Ritchey True Grips. I'll have to rob some
clipless pedals but when the snow melts I'll be ready.

The was the lightest Breezer offered in '92
http://www.mombat.org/92Breezer2.jpg

lp1.jpg

lp2.jpg

lp3.jpg

lp4.jpg

Wow - that is stunning - quality steel & top end suntour - :D.

That is one of my favourite bikes on here. :D

Back