Klein Adroit Race

jango

Senior Retro Guru
Well, here it is in all it's glory.......

The bad news - I think it's too big for the Mrs :oops:

The good news - it's only 1cm shorter effective top tube length than my DBR :twisted:

The only highlight among a sea of crap worn out components is an xtr rear mech :shock: I may have a home for that :cool:

"it's way light" says the seller, er...no, it ways a ton thinks I!!

I'll report more after further investigation

Attachments

• Klein1rs.jpg
    Klein1rs.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 2,550
Wow! :shock:

That's either way small (like BMX small) or it's got garden hose as cable outers! :shock: :LOL: :LOL:

looks like it already has head set reducers in there so you can swap the forks as you like.

carsten

You have got your work cut out their jango. Your right about the only thing worth having is the rear mech.

Its a big job to put right. Its a sorry sight as Klein go let alone an mtb. Hope you will complete and keep us up to date.

Had the same situation with the Klein I bought. It was a Pulse Race - got it for £100 and at the end of the day the only things of any value were an XTR rear mech, the frame and some ICON handlebars, the rest was virtually unusable. Just made my money back on it selling as separates and keeping a few bits as spares.

Well after a bit of investigation and stripping, the bike not me, it appears to have headset reducers which makes life a little simpler.

First problem...the BB is shot, why....because the non-drive side crank removing threads are shot....time to break out the angle grinder again :twisted:

I had the same problem on the Vertex I bought off the bay...same POS bottom of the range cranks too.

Anyone know what size seatpost it's meant to have?

Back