• Alloy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steel

• Ti

• Total voters
dbmtb":1h8ssus9 said:
Same goes with other materials- it's not so much about the materials as what the builder has done with them, and what components have been fitted afterwards.

yeah thats very true
you could vote steel yet some bso's are steel :?

I voted steel, because i don't really think weight is all that big of an issue...not if its done right.

I principally like to power up climbs and thus prefer not to lose any rear wheel power in frame flex so I like aluminium alloy. Strangely the stiffer and harsher riding the better but only ride with a suspension fork. Couldn't ride aluminium with a rigid fork, least ways not anymore. I do like steel with a rigid bike because of comfort and low tech. At present I've not had the cash to go Carbon or Ti but recent mass produced carbon bikes could change this :D

my scandium framed ss is lovely to ride. it has carbon seat stays too for a bit of plushnes.

i personally think in the right application all of the choices make my favourite frame material.

I like the instant acceleration you get from a stiff alloy frame, but overall I prefer the benefits of steel. Yes they may be 600g heavier than a mid-range alloy frame but much more nicer and livelier to ride, especially if your in the saddle for a long time.

If I have a new bike built I think it would be titanium. Most of the ride characteristics of fine steel but no rust.

Back