94 Yeti ARC

WHOOSH!!! That took me straight back to '94. Is it right to feel so nostalgic over a bike? :LOL:

Stuff of dreams then, stuff of dreams now... Top job!

Love this, but have to say I prefer the Mavic rim/Ringle hub combo to the HEDS. Just ties in with the rest of the Rinle perfectly! :cool:

BarneyRubble":2dp1a2te said:
Love this, but have to say I prefer the Mavic rim/Ringle hub combo to the HEDS. Just ties in with the rest of the Rinle perfectly! :cool:

Agreed. A STUNNING bike and whilst the HEDS have a nice quirky look, it looks the part with the Mavic set-up.

P1000099.jpg

Just. Too. Nice.

Obviously one of the very best bikes to be seen on this site, what I like is the period correctness.
Everything screams 1994.
Like the Onza pedals. I don't recall Yeti team riders riding them, but if you were building a dream bike in '94 they would be on there.
Same with the Cranks. A Grafton model would fit better with the brakes but the 'new' style Cook cranks helps with the year.

Thanks for sharing.

bordercollie1":y3osvu1n said:
Obviously one of the very best bikes to be seen on this site, what I like is the period correctness.
Everything screams 1994.
Like the Onza pedals. I don't recall Yeti team riders riding them, but if you were building a dream bike in '94 they would be on there.
Same with the Cranks. A Grafton model would fit better with the brakes but the 'new' style Cook cranks helps with the year.

Thanks for sharing.

How did the Onza pedals perform? Are they good? I have heard mixed things about them.

A mate had a Onza pedals, I didn't eide them myself. I suspect that it was like a lot of things from the era in that they did not work as well as the Shimanos, but they were lighter so that was OK!

Weighed today, just out of interest....
23 lbs 14oz with HEDs
24 lbs 6oz with Ringles.

My favorite Yeti pic...guess I should change the Flite to an Avocet.

Jimmymissymilows.jpg

ez054098":cv9w1ctp said:
bordercollie1":cv9w1ctp said:
Everything screams 1994.

Thanks for sharing.

How did the Onza pedals perform? Are they good? I have heard mixed things about them.

depended on your preference and if you went with the blue or clear bumpers (bushings). I remember them working just as good as the shimano pedals, until the 747's came out. But the Time ATAC pedals blew them all away, imo.

Back