'Black & Red' 1999/2000 San Andreas...*FINISHED* 17/4/11

And the last little toy for this one arrived today from Yasusu.... Here's hoping it will be as good as reviews say. Certainly well made and good quality feel, though I'll still be taking the Risse shock with me as it's already dialed in just in case :cool:

DSC06234.jpg

:cool:

oh you got one of them :cool:
they did look very good in the ads but they seemed to good to be true
even better in your pics
let us know how you get on :cool:

how much was it?
where does the piggyback go???

Will try and get it on the bike Friday morning before it's packed up otherwise it will be next week sometime but will let know how it feels. It's been set up for my weight with a 600lb spring and came with the correct bushes as well. :).

It was $100.00 delivered :shock:.... Didn't get hit with any import duty either which was a bonus.

I'm going to put the piggy back on the front of the seat tower and at the moment the plan is a little bit Blue Peter but to use VERY strong velcro and a couple if zip ties or a velcro strap to hold it securely (hence the velcro going all the way round so no paint will get marked)....

DSC06236.jpg

:cool:

Fantastic Alex, as its older brother it sits Perfectly. what's the length of the forks on both the boy's.
The red/orange paint is as the one in the Magazine advertisements back in the day , you now the one with the grand canyon in the background. If anyone has the picture please post it up as cant find it anywhere.

san ann

Hi Alex,

Got the frame back from paint, started to build it up and started a thread on 98 onwards retrobike.
Check it out and thanks again for the photos of you head tube badge.

Attachments

• IMG_7789.JPG
    IMG_7789.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 1,484
nutcase-retro":a5hzowqs said:
Fantastic Alex, as its older brother it sits Perfectly. what's the length of the forks on both the boy's.
The red/orange paint is as the one in the Magazine advertisements back in the day , you now the one with the grand canyon in the background. If anyone has the picture please post it up as cant find it anywhere.

Forks on both are Rockshox Revelation 140mm Dual Airs.... Been riding the Red & Black this last week out in Spain and apart from getting the bike properly dialled in it's been fantastic! (even if I did forget to take the new rear shock with me :oops: so kept with the Risse which has performed really well). I'll get a couple of pics up in the morning.

Just left a comment on yours as it looks fantastic! Will be good to see another built with some modern bits for comparison :cool:.

First (proper) Ride Pics...

So the Red & Black finally got settled in it's new home.... And had a blimin good time :cool:

Unpacking:
166.jpg

Few final tweeks before hitting the trails:
172.jpg

170.jpg

171.jpg

And finally on one of the trails:
175.jpg

And down by the salt flats:
179.jpg

182.jpg

Cheers.

I love this build, everything about it just seems right. How is she on the climbs?

Nick C":3kjzpbve said:
I love this build, everything about it just seems right. How is she on the climbs?

Really nice actually even if it's no lightweight, just sit down, lock the forks out if on the road and away you go!

Will admit most of the faffing setting it up was getting the seating position right and the air in the rear shock but once I was happy it felt fine :).

Latest posts

Back