WANTED: Gears mechanism to upgrade from one speed! lol

or drill a hole in it and put a bar or similar through, then twist it

erm if you buy new pads, do you get the bolt with them?

not sure if thats to do with your brake, but where the ball thats on the lever is, where that goes back in, it will be a circlip first, then an assembly after that i presume
i can take pics of mine if it will help

cyfa2809":d0gglm2u said:
or drill a hole in it and put a bar or similar through, then twist it

Careful with this method, I have had success using it, but have also had seatposts shear off around this hole.

yeah thats true, especially as its seized, probably means the post has degraded/fatigued a bit over time :? who knows

no luck with the plusgas,

the seat post is permanent, its never coming out lol!

i won some sram x9 shifters and derailer parts, just need cables and a 9 speed cassette now :D

as for the seat post, im going to have to cut it out i think, i might have to cut the top off, and then cut it from inside the tube?
sounds like hard work though, and what if its still stuck but in pieces :(

cables and a cassette can be had cheap enough off of crc

yeah with the seat post, cut the top off then use a hacksaw blade to cut down it?

x9 is awesome too lucky
:)

i have a tool specifically made for cutting seat posts out. happy to lend it to you, just replace the blade with a new one when you post it back :)

pm me your address and cover the postage and i'll stick it in the post tomorrow.

cyfa2809":29ijdkt0 said:
cables and a cassette can be had cheap enough off of crc

yeah with the seat post, cut the top off then use a hacksaw blade to cut down it?

x9 is awesome too lucky
:)

doh.... sorry i just looked again, i thought i was bidding on "X9", turned out it was "X7 9 speed" LOL!

i think theyre still ok though, thanks for your advice glad i chose sram cant wait to try them out :)

its random acts of kindness like that which make me really like this forum already, im also a member on www.turbominis.co.uk/forums and also www.mye28.com forums and theres good people on there too, hopefully ill be able to help someone else out on here

im turning this thread now into a "wanted: Seat post" thread LOL!
i saw one for sale today on here but someone got dibs :p

Back