Thetford meet - Saturday 30th April - The evening reception

REKIBorter

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Thetford meet - Saturday 30th April - The honeymoon ride

To relieve the onset of cabin fever after the Royal wedding we are organising a ride for the good people of the RB Anglian region. Dress - gentlemen in back tie or cocktail dresses for the ladies. No large hats please as this may obscure the view of those behind. The wedding list is online at CRC, please feel free to spend lots of money (we already have a toaster). Finger buffet at lunchtime and dancing to Dans Disco after - dancing like your dad is compulsary. Drunk uncles and kids sliding across the dance floor on their knees will be encouraged. Mines a Snowball if you get to the bar before me.

Usual spot for 10:30am

Bury Road
Brandon
Suffolk
IP27 0SU

Map here: http://bit.ly/hKwdX7

Details:
Parking is Pay & Display, £2.50 (recent increase in charges), extra parking available in the Orchard car park behind the old peoples home. There is a very good cafe - opens at 10:00am for the early arrivals - that sells tea / coffee & cakes also hot meals. We usually ride for a couple of hours in the morning then stop for lunch and then head out for a couple more hours afterwards.

If you are worried about not being fit enough to come along it is not a problem, we have riders of all abilities turn up, from slim fit good looking '40+' blokes to lard arse XC race has-beens like Dan. No one is ever left behind. Thetford Forest has a mixture of fire road and twisty singletrack, the conditions are generally very good this time of year and the trails only become sticky after days of heavy rain. Looking forward to seeing you all. Retro bikes not compulsary if you only have a modern bike to ride. Any questions just send me a pm.

Count me in!!

I think this would be the perfect time for me to join you all for the first time!!

As long as you are all gentle with me!! ;)

Looks like it is going to be the usual suspects again. Anyone else care to join us?

Reluctant and I have discussed the possibility of making this ride.....
Will keep you posted.

plans have fallen through so could well be putting in an appearance now that i'm almost fixed.
chris, will you have your fork pump with you? is that a silly question? so i can pump up my new imaculate 38's to the required pressure before fitting them.

Back