MAN Utd

highlandsflyer":3mimra1r said:
konatime":3mimra1r said:
Not too sure about Anton but i never had CamelGob down for affable and witty, sure he may have been livlier with some charlie up his beek in Yesterdays but lets be honest, the prick struggles to string a sentence together.

So now missing a drugs test makes you a coke fiend?

Exactly what do you mean suggesting he struggles to string a sentence together? He is intelligent, knowledgeable and highly articulate.

Perhaps you cannot get past the way he speaks, and fail to actually listen to what he says.

Easy to slide into blind prejudice.

After all, you 'hate' this person you know nothing about, and you have all these assumptions about them based on that hatred.

That is all very Daily Mail.

Daily Mirror our kid....keep up :cool:
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Th ... um=twitter

I could not see a left winger calling someone of Afro English descent 'Camelgob', based as that is traits that have historically been referred to in dubious ways.

Glad to hear you are a Mirror reader, haven't seen it for a long time but they always gave a fair go to the working folk of this nation.

You never know your luck flyer, you might find you're presuming a little too keenly. I'm more of a Ronnie Reality St. sort of fella and the facts are.. red card, clenched fists, broke dressing room..they say folk fear change, i don't know.

konatime":1mwkyv39 said:
You never know your luck flyer, you might find you're presuming a little too keenly. I'm more of a Ronnie Reality St. sort of fella and the facts are.. red card, clenched fists, broke dressing room..they say folk fear change, i don't know.

But how do those add up to Camel this or that?

I have a dog in this fight.

rooney=shrek , ferguson = whisky nose , Scholes = dirty little ginner tw*t all that said i think its fair to call rio camel gob.

Mainly because he is a treacherous git...don't get me started on alan smith, peroxide blonde plastic insert various expletives here, even if he doesnt play for them anymore.

Good to see the sc*m lose though, always good to see the sc*m lose.

I think you are putting together 2+2 and getting 5

Oh mr Duck, just the tonic I needed this morning. :D

So what your'e saying flyer is you think the term Camelgob (funny as!) is racest?

If so I'm not sure what the reason would be?

To be honest I think some of the blues that have added to this discussion have been very kind on the sort of S***bags that play for United and could have been far more vile about them.

I must be one of the 'Bitter blues' that the rags go on about. Infact I have never seen success at City in all my time watching them. I have stood on terraces in the poring rain in midweek in some or other mining/weaving town in Div 2 and never felt more proud of the people around me and the crap footballing club I 'was' a part of.

I was born in Northenden and my local club was Manchester City end of story.

By the way did I say, We all hate reds and reds and reds...

al. :D

This was the very second i knew my stake should have been much higher...
The20handshake.jpg

OK, from Manchester; my little boy was born in Trafford General. No London connection so might be able to talk about things with a little perspective.

Yep, United for many years - season ticket holder and most aways and unlike most people commenting on this thread I was there on Saturday along with a great many coachloads actually from Manchester. Firstly, to answer one comment; the United fans got out of there as quick as possible to attempt beat the traffic (which was horrendous) and to avoid gloating fans of the worst kind - has anyone else not left as quickly as possible for the same reasons? I did however stay to clap the team(s) off. What happened after the final whistle did delay my exit somewhat but I was still on the coach before the blue horde emerged.

It is true that the team has a large countrywide and worldwide support but I think you might find that an awful lot of this is due to the sky effect and being the most successful team during this era. Everyone at an impressionable age wants to follow. It has however created a sizeable bunch of ABUs to go with it. Funnily enough, when I was little everyone was a Liverpool supporter - go figure.

I applaud the great following that city had for this game - shame it doesn't reflect in their attendances at Eastlands. 27,000 turned up for the 4th Round of the competition that they are now in the final of.... that's 20,000 less than the capacity and included 4,600 Notts County supporters. In the next round, just short of 75,000 were at Old Trafford for the Crawley game. Yep, 9,000 were Crawley but there it is. If city fans all come from Manchester, why didn't they come to support their team in a game that has turned out to be a very important one in their season?

werenotreallyhere.jpg

"We're not really here" indeed....

As for the calling of names and I hear them all - puerile nonsense. All footballers have their charities, things they do to help etc. What they do on the pitch is what they do. Try Ryan Giggs for example - UNICEF ambassador for Sierra Leone as well as being a great player. Hell, even Wayne Rooney has done work for Children's charities such as the Starlight foundation (as well as onfield exploits - good and bad...) What has the way they look got to do with it?

I am pleased that nobody here mentioned the M word though. That does wind me up especially if they were born after 1958 (in fact even if they were born before that but at least they will know what they are talking about). There were many neanderthals with their arm-waving expliots on Saturday. The loss of life is not to be taken as a joke no matter who it is and in the name of football is quite simply disgusting. Any Liverpool, Leeds or Bradford supporters on here? Quite. Still just me venting off steam here and thankfully not anger. Also hopefully very off-topic.

The disturbances at the end of the game, Mario Balotelli needs to sort his act out as well as the United players. There is a rule about "goading the crowd" and that's what Balotelli did. Several players including Emmanuel Adebayor and Gary Neville have been charged with this "offence", mostly because they had themselves been given constant grief from the crowd, in those cases Arsenal and Liverpool fans. That's not to say that Rio Ferdinand and Anderson should have done what they did but when passions run high it happens. Patrice Evra will probably get a 4-game ban (sorry, in-joke).

Al - I think it's fine to say you hate the reds as can others with you being a lifelong blue but people do get jealous of success which is why so many people hated Liverpool in the 70's and 80's (as I did and still do). I don't so much hate city, I laugh at them and their efforts to rid the world of red (blue ketchup? Not allowing the players or non-playing staff to have red cars...?). There are reds in Manchester same as there are blues (but not as many in Stockport ;) ) I know I might not be laughing so much anymore as long as the man keeps plugging his oil billions their way.

A poor game for united and a good one for city but it was coming. However an observation - if results go badly for them city might well end up winning the FA Cup but not getting into the Champions League which imo is a poor result for an excess of £300m outlay. More work needed I think. Thursday night, Channel 5 beckons once again...

I'll add my own personal comment to the end just to prove that I'm not all serious.... Hey Al: United - not arrogant - just better :LOL:

I'll add my own personal comment to the end just to prove that I'm not all serious.... Hey Al: United - not arrogant - just better

Indeed they have been for a couple of decades. I may be daft but I'm not stupid. United won loads, City won nowt!! Maybe I have made a huge mistake and should have supported United all this time? but how would I face the world knowing they are a bunch of D**** and there for I was a D*** too.

You had to go and almost say Munich didn't you? don't be shy, It was the biggest things that happend to your club.

The fact City don't always fill Eastlands is that City don't have as many fans as United. Tom Ritchey didn't build as many bikes as Giant and therefore wasn't as popular! I know which one I've spent money and time on.

al. ;)

and again, we all hate reds.........

Good post Cornholio, can't argue with it.

I'm Leeds btw. Don't agree with those that call your mob Munichs. Saying that, could you ask your lot to leave off the Istanbul songs next time we beat you ;)

Having stayed to the end of the play-off final against doncaster I know what it's like to be stuck on the M1 with their fans giving it large. Not good.

Back