April 2011 BoTM - Nominations please

Status
Not open for further replies.
doctor-bond":3kyuabjp said:
GoldenEraMTB":3kyuabjp said:
... but those leather grips bring a grimace to my face. Do they feel any better than they look? Black rubber/foam grips and it's an great townie :D

I admit that the leather overload is, how should I put it -- wide -- like a camel coat or brown suede shoes. But that's the point.

And if I went for black grips, I'd need a black seat post, and stem and saddle and brakes and headset and hubs and shifters and QRs. And then people would think my bike was anonymous and not vote for it.

arthurdaley460.jpg
[/img]

lolwut? I don't catch your drift; you lost me; what in the world could you be referring to...
:p

what I should have said- throw some regular grips on there, if there is such a thing; make them any color you like ;)

Yes - I agree - cork would be better. In fact, back when the exchange rate was good I imported a set; but the dog pinched them and turned 'em into kibble. The supertan leather were next in line in the parts bin. Time will darken them.

Does anyone do non-ergo cork grips in the UK these days?

1991 S'Bike Daytona 700c

Oh well, No time like the present!!! Here Goes!

My '91 S'Bike Daytona 700c - Owned from new after falling in love through the LBS window, looked after over the years and just had it's 20th birthday treat! So gonna throw it in now before it gets dirty again :LOL:

Attachments

• Dsc02700m.jpg
    Dsc02700m.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 375
  • Dsc02702m.jpg
    Dsc02702m.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 375
Liking that shiny bad boy, great looking bikes and ride well too- what were they thinking mounting a bottle holder there- just don't ride in a field with cows in ;)

Re: 1984 Ritchey Commando

GoldenEraMTB":242renrb said:
Devilock":242renrb said:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sounds good, maybe a ride at Graham Hill or Cunningham Park?

1984 Ritchey Commando
Cook Bros Cranks
Suntour XC Shifters/Levers/Pedals
Shimano Rims/Hubs
Ritchey post/WTB Seat

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: Sweet!

Really like that fork, and those hi rise twin strut bars are amazing. I have a 83 Commando I was going to enter this month. Might still do it, but we should get the Commandos together for a ride, since I'm right across the sound from you.

There's actually a good group of Tri-State members; we all need to organize a meet/ride.

Will somone stop Devilock from posting the same pix over and over again?

TAKE THOSE HIDEOUS LITES OFF YOUR BIKE NOW!

You don't get more votes because you have more posts.

al. ;)

Re: 1984 Ritchey Commando

Devilock":25txxavn said:
GoldenEraMTB":25txxavn said:

Sounds good, maybe a ride at Graham Hill or Cunningham Park?

1984 Ritchey Commando
Cook Bros Cranks
Suntour XC Shifters/Levers/Pedals
Shimano Rims/Hubs
Ritchey post/WTB Seat

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: Sweet!

Really like that fork, and those hi rise twin strut bars are amazing. I have a 83 Commando I was going to enter this month. Might still do it, but we should get the Commandos together for a ride, since I'm right across the sound from you.

That would be great. I'm finally riding again, after three years, and all I ride are old bikes.

al":25txxavn said:
Will somone stop Devilock from posting the same pix over and over again?

TAKE THOSE HIDEOUS LITES OFF YOUR BIKE NOW!

You don't get more votes because you have more posts.

al. ;)

actually, you do. If you have at least 10 posts, you get at least, (potentially), one more vote. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back