And today I did......

Bargain headset k, I just bought q red ng17 one for mk - 15 in the crc "private sale", got to find P2 ahead forks with an a-c of 390 now though

big.eck":39wj1tu6 said:
nice pic's mr p :cool: those konas are still close to the top of my wish list :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

well after work i went out on the sannie , only been back an hour and a half :oops: the paint can defo wait as i'm having far too much fun on it :twisted:

The monster needs a work out. I insist you try it down the slope I wiped out on at the bings. I need assurance it wasn't just me being a clumsy sod.

Just back in from seeing Dylan Moran at a wee pub in Falkirk. Superb... trying out new material in small clubs around the country, it was a bit higgledy piggledy, occasionally referring to a big bunch of notes, but just all part of his dishevelled charm.

That sounds great zz, wish I'd been there, black books is a very underrated show. Indeed anything would have been better than watching the tic pump killie tonight, me and the boys left the stadium totally depressed, suppose it could have been worse, could have been the Huns :twisted:

Have just given the Bridgestone ( this one http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=146592 ) a wipe with an oily rag......much of the rust and marks are coming off easily - its dust and dirt mainly on the frame, no rust to speak of :D Must have been kept in a dry garage or cellar.

Spokes are all rusty though as are derry mountings, but other than that its pretty sound. Looks all original apart from tyres.

Lots of Easter fun with the sprog :D bike ride, building sand castles, egg hunt and eating chocolate :oops:

kaiser":2dxbqvj0 said:
Lots of Easter fun with the sprog :D bike ride, building sand castles, egg hunt and eating chocolate :oops:

pretty much the same for me k :D

but i also got the prostop caliper working today with my home-made bleeding kit ( a bloody jam jar with some hoses and a seringe) :LOL: :LOL: so thats the suspender forks working , the wheel's trued and the brake works :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

just 2 broken steerer tube bolts to drill out and replace and it'll be ready to use :cool:

i spent the morning at a carboot picking up a levis 501 denim jacket for 3 quid(i should have haggled)...and then spent the next 3 hours on the beach watching the ...ahem... :oops: wildlife walk ...i mean fly past....then later i did change the bike oil (which was an odd brown sludge type goo) for some nice clean stuff.all in all a good day for the forthcoming apocalypse...

Back