Show us what you did today, thread

For the record I'm not selling out. From 1994 - 2005 all my mtb's were brand new out the packet with the latest features i could afford. In 2004 I discovered a rich vein of 2nd hand parts at the Bike Station and in 2005 bought a Schwinn Mesa Runner purely because it had a 25" frame :shock:
Only after that point and with the internets help did I realise how many nice old bikes were still out there and how much kit I could get for little moolah. Then I discovered retrobike and the rest is history :D

Basically I'm a new school rider who went old school as opposed to an old school rider who never modernised. Also I'm a mean Scotsman who gets more bangs for the buck with 2nd hand kit than the ridiculous present day prices. For a 4 grand bike I'd expect at least 50bhp and electric start not just a glorified pushbike :roll: :LOL:

The Ken":106bwq77 said:
Looks like laggan was fun, velo is really selling out isn't he :)

Glen etive is drawing me in again.

I've been exploring again :D

They seem to have constructed a new timber extraction route south of Ballachuilish (where yesterday's Sex One and last week's Breezer pics were taken). I've yet to determine if it goes the full way (time/dog constraints :roll: ) but if complete it will link Loch Creran approx 20 miles north of Oban with scenic offroad route to Ballachuilish and Glencoe, with the ability to create a circuit via Glen Etive and the Walk of Pain, past Cadderlie etc and loop back up. Obviously as a circular route the start/finish point could be numerous places. Could also link to Kinlochleven and the Mamores and Fort William (and Inverness :twisted: )

Quite excited now :p

5632371460_943a76272e_b.jpg

Got these in the post today :D :D another ebay bargain!

Back