East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

Rapidfire

Joined the XC pro brigade at last Rob and they are lovely
just had to use some purple X-Lite brake levers and here she is...

Attachments

• IMG_8678.JPG
    IMG_8678.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 610
Nice bike!

@Ed: Don't know how you do the Real Ale Wobble, three pints at my local and the ride back was extreme! Lamp posts, bus shelters, litter bins, they all seemed to be conspiring the leap out at me and get in my way...

Tuesday

Yes for sure I will keep the old tyres to one side though I think as although they are not perfect they are quite good.
I took it out for a spin round the block this afternoon and was gone for two hours it was that good :LOL:
I do really like the thumbies too on the friction setting it somehow indexes perfectly and even though the drivetrain is 8 speed the 7 spd thumbies work.

just checked the april dates, fingers crossed unless something rears its ugly head i'll be along. (about time too lol)

Bugger

I now have to be in a meeting in Kent at 6.00 tommorrow :(
Guess I will have to squeeze in an evening ride some other evening now if anyone fancies joining me ....except Thursday

Hi guys and gals,
I was wanting to join a Midlands Retro ride at Sherwood Pines one day. I live in Yorkshire but grew up riding Clipstone forest every week. Recently went back to find a visitor centre, tea shop and excellent waymarked trails! Ok not as steep and rocky as here in Yorks but the red route was a good use of what was there and a load of fun.

Anyway I am re-creating my first MTB I rode back in 92 in those forests and would love it's first ride to be back there. I want to get my Retrobike rider badge and what a fitting way to get it.

So anything planned? Takes me a while to get there so an evening ride might be doable but only when days are long.

Hope you are all well.
Rob.

Back