1991 stumpjumper comp....

One of my all time favourite Specialized bikes - notwithstanding the fact that Edwards has got one... :roll:

There's not much wrong with that is there? Cracking set of photos too. Saddle and post are the worst looking bits, but I agree on the no bling policy. XT post and a better Turbo would be fine.
I think the tyres look a bit odd (Ground Control Extreme?) - always considered it a "rear" tyre and would prefer a Ground Control on the front - minor detail! :D

ps - needs some pedals too! ;)

Nothing about that bike is Alfa. The Stump will never leave you stranded at the corner store after a fuse box fire. :p :LOL:

Ol' stumpy

Can't believe it, I talked my ex ex ex missus into buying the exact same bike a good few years ago, same colour and spec, not nearly as minty tho. I loved riding it nearly as much as her.. Heh heh even tho it was too small. It was pinched in the end, happy memories. Would love one myself

That's really nice!

Good work polishing everything up! looks gorgeous

And that Stumpjumper frame style/tubing gauges/geometry: you just look at it and instinctively think... Yep, that's right

hi all.....thanks for the great comments!.......i have now fitted a new rolls saddle and a set of period correct spesh dirt rodz.......see what you think!.......
P1020544.jpg

P1020545.jpg

P1020546.jpg

the saddle is stunning and very stylish!....i like it......!!!

Back