Show us what you did today, thread

Nice one ZZ, I can see whats happening but not sure how far I go with it :? saying that getting the bigger font'd Viscous bit might be harder. Ultimately its how it looks on the frame, and I'm not sure it'll be too noticeable.

TK's point about tracing is a good idea, that basically gives you the exact 'unrolled' image you need. Even if you don't use it to generate an image (and I think that'd be the way to go if you had a graphics tablet), it'd be handy as a reference.

Kaiser very kindly loaned me his tent and I took the boys camping up Glen Etive- stunning and just as I remembered it from our west highland way trip.

IMAG0044.jpg

the three amigos

IMAG0066.jpg

camp fire and stories

IMAG0080.jpg

still fancy the road run but remember some of the road is pretty rough and we went up the glen coe chairlift today and you goo over the downhill Mt bike trail- strictly for the big bounce brigade I would say.

On a more serious note, its when I see you guys posting landscapes of Scotland it reminds me how lucky we are :shock:

RobMac":1p6gea6o said:
On a more serious note, its when I see you guys posting landscapes of Scotland it reminds me how lucky we are :shock:

yeah thats why I've promised to get out more- was stunning today, pretty envious of you and ZZ getting out on the bike- might go out tonight for a quick 45 mins if I don't collapse before then!

The Ken":1l7itl2g said:
I must be part of the old school, I trace stuff by hand, more accurate and cleaner but takes longer.

Measure the height of a few letters to get an accurate height for a word. You need so many letters that you are as well creating the font for future use.

Do you mean tracing paper :eek: ?

Apologies to both of you as well, some of the stuff your telling takes a while to fathom oot!

Aye, tape it to the frame and wobble your way around it... I remember I did this for one of the Rockhopper's decals since it was a wraparound on the down tube, helped make sure I'd got the size/proportion right... it worked quite well since I just couldn't seem to get it right from the pictures I'd taken. I scanned it in afterwards, and stretched my image until it matched with the trace... also, I used grease-proof paper since it was all I had in the house :oops:

rockhoppergreasyproof.jpg

Back