LEJOG offroad

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I've heard mention of a 23 day John O'Groats to Lands End offroad route that sounds absolutely amazing. However the chance of getting the necessary wife/work clearance for such an effort is so unlikely that I can't see it being a possibility.

However there seem to be people the length of the country - perhaps we could have some sort of relay so between us we'd do the whole route? The logistics of making it a continuous relay don't bear thinking about but perhaps we could arrange it with a few days (weeks?) break so it fits in with everyone and a suitably retro baton is carried and ceremoniously handed over?

Just thoughts really - anyone else think this idea has legs or is just the ranting of a crazed man?

i'm up for it- sounds great. I can do a chunk of the Northumberland stretch. Anyone else??

You know I'm up for it ed I could bring up the rear- watch for stragglers and find parts that have fallen off the other riders bikes! No seriously though I would be up for it.

Hope this gets off the ground, could be be good fun. Maybe make a few bob for a worthy cause or Charadee type thing??

Chap I know rode to Le Mans for the 24hr this summer instead of taking his MK2 Jag and raised a shed load of dosh for Kidney research- he got so many beers bought for him as a result that I think he will be needing a new one himself :D

Just a thought.

So we've got Northumberland, Lincolnshire, Derbyshire and Herefordshire/Wesh Borders covered - looks like we need a few more here!

Any of the Scottish contingent want to give it a go?

longendale":136g8fgj said:
not scotland for me...but if you need extra legs around the derbyshire area let me know? ;)

longy

The more the merrier I'd say!

ededwards":j6hnomfu said:
So we've got Northumberland, Lincolnshire, Derbyshire and Herefordshire/Wesh Borders covered - looks like we need a few more here!

Any of the Scottish contingent want to give it a go?

Do you have a route for us to take a peep at??

Back