BDWIII Planning meet and Recce

brocklanders023":r79z8pzr said:
I'll be coming but you can probably count me out of the Sunday ride. :oops:

And probably everyone else then. PAAARRRTAAAAAYYYY!

Thanks for your input guys. The reasoning behind choosing a trail centre for BDW sundays are 1, some folk like natural, some folk like trail centres- by offering both, we offer something for everyone. 2, as Ed points out, there are only a few still standing on Sunday morning (Bombay Mix Factor). 3, its easy to organize and requires no recce- just turn up and ride. 4, Finally, you can do as much or as little as you like- some folk have a long run home, so an easy couple of hours on some ready rolled singletrack is ideal.

:oops: The options will be either:

1- Lock me and Beavis in our tents.

2- Everyone else join in!

3- Us to bring more food, less grog.

Agree with you for Sunday Si as it'll be easy for all to do as much or as little as they want. We had our first trip to Whinlatter late last year and it didn't seem like most trail centres so should be ok imo.

brocklanders023":155cdlo3 said:
:oops: The options will be either:

1- Lock me and Beavis in our tents.

2- Everyone else join in!

3- Us to bring more food, less grog.

Agree with you for Sunday Si as it'll be easy for all to do as much or as little as they want. We had our first trip to Whinlatter late last year and it didn't seem like most trail centres so should be ok imo.

Option 2 would be the best case scenario, failing that option 1. 3 simply isn't registering on my option scale.

Whilst out riding today, in what can only be described as "perfect" conditions across my favourite bit of single track across the moors I had an idea...

Is the BDW III event still going ahead or are we looking at options ?

Attachments

• DSC00647a.jpg
    DSC00647a.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 664
  • DSC00646a.jpg
    DSC00646a.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 664
  • DSC00641a.jpg
    DSC00641a.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 664
Nice pics Gil, the BDW is still all go and there should be a announcement after the three tribes meet. :cool:

Well I ended up having to book my hols so I'll be in the lakes from the 22 of July for a week - I couldn't go for other dates so I hope it works out.

I spoke to Si last night and the BDW is go. Vern is going to launch the event on monday. Don't want to say any more but having seen the photos it is going to be fantastic.

Latest posts

Back