Show us what you did today, thread

Nice one ZZ, I'm missing the trails :(

Today I extrapolated this

5624531837_becf106207_z.jpg

from this

5625117078_db201653d2_z.jpg

I ran it through a vector conversion doodah but never saved it. Whadya think? I have an idea that if I can split the image I can adjust the perspective of the tube and then paste it back together? Would this work?

I also took some shots of the other decals, the only problematic one being the seat tube one.

Sorry for the thread hoggin, ZZ/TK what would you do with this?

5624569523_21e281ca1b_b.jpg

Aye that's pretty much what I did... One thing, before converting to vector, I'd stretch the image a wee bit vertically in something like Paint.Net to 'unroll' it. TK's probably able to do that bit properly, invoking PI and r-squared or something, but I'd just do it by eye, print it off and fit up to the frame till you get it right.

I used Inkscape to do the vector conversion, don't know what you're using but I like it, it gives pretty good results.

CTRL-A to select the image, then Path -> Trace Bitmap. In the Options, select 'Colors' under Multiple Scans, increase Scans from 8 (20 works for me) and under Options tab, make sure smooth corners is selected and set threshold to max (1.34 I think). Once it's run, it creates the vector version of your image, and places it on top of your original image. Drag it out the way, and delete the original image and save as a vector.

Let me know if you want a hand with it, not a problem.

If the decals too big, get a couple of pics, top and bottom so they can be pasted together?

You can downlaod Microsoft ICE and it'll do a pretty good job of figuring out how to paste it together, or if that fails, can do it by hand in Paint.Net.

I must be part of the old school, I trace stuff by hand, more accurate and cleaner but takes longer.

Measure the height of a few letters to get an accurate height for a word. You need so many letters that you are as well creating the font for future use.

Any difference?

5625616546_ce2779371f_b.jpg

5624531837_becf106207_b.jpg

(top)this is it after it has been halved and using the lens correction in photpshop adjusted, then converted to a vector.

I think the lens correction has stretched the top image horizontally from the center of the image?

Below is the difference between the two images:

vicousdifference.jpg

The red highlights the difference between the two, there is more red as you move out from the center to the left and right, but not so much in the vertical, which I think is what you really want?

Back