1991 stumpjumper comp....

feetabix

Retrobike Rider
Hi all....when i bought my trek in 1991 this was the bike i really wanted but couldnt stretch to on a paper round.....they say all car enthusiasts need to own an alfa and i see this as the two wheeled equivalent!....when i saw it on the bay i couldnt resist, and its a belter!.....100% original spec including grips and tyres......the saddle has seen better days and will need some tlc, i will set about getting a sharkfin to cover the chatter on the stay and i used a pair of straddle hangers i had in my cave to get better cable angles than the shimano set length jobbies.......it even came with the original reflectors fitted......see what you think!......

P1020536.jpg

P1020542.jpg

P1020540.jpg

P1020537.jpg

P1020539.jpg

P1020543.jpg

P1020541.jpg

P1020538.jpg

feetabix":21t7i0wq said:
stumpjumper1990":21t7i0wq said:
That's nice man! :cool: :cool: Love the color!

hi bart.....funnily i thought of you as i posted......glad you like it mate.....

:LOL: Yeah..... not the perfect year, but near enough! :LOL:

Love the originality of it! I seem to enjoy those original builds more and more! ;)

That's one cool stumpjumper. The colour is great, and the spec is very nice too. Maybee a nice XT seatpost?

Hi rio......early days yet but yes, you read my mind!......a minimal, jet black xt number would look great.....I don't want to bling it up, it's beauty lies in the no nonsense workmanlike get the job done spec in my eyes......f

yep, these bikes are "elegant", just the way they are. I think that early to mid nineties specialized catalogues give me the most "I like them all" feeling.

Back