What tyres are you using?

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
The Avalanche, my regular ride, is currently wearing 1.8 Panaracer Fire XC Pro's which I am getting on ok with.

The grip is good, they shed the mud quite well, but can fell a little sketchy on damp, not wet, mud.

So what tyres are you all using this winter? Are there any 'all rounders' out there that you swear by and that can handle everything.

I still haven't found anything better than smoke/dart for all round use (that suit my style anyway) ... hard to come by these days though.

Believe it or not Smoke Lite's (last one's in existence???) on the front of my Pace and Michelin Wildgrippers on the back (don't all moan at once about the 'Grippers :roll: )....both 1.95

My all time favourites are Conti Traction Pro's 2.0 front (standard) & rear (silica dual compound), you know they will hang on when things get a bit sketchy, excellent off-camber grip and very good braking and climbing traction - sadly unavailable now. I've recently bought a pair of Conti Vapour 2.1 and I am imprest so far, they certainly roll quickly.

Used to use IRC Geoclaw rear and a Tioga Psycho.

Now I am using IRC Notos XC 1.9's, really tiny knobbles but bizarely work quite well. The red walls look awesome too!

Back