2006 Specialized Enduro Pro

Found the pics!!

Fox Air and Spank DH–oriented wheels :? and upgraded with 5th Element and Mavic hoops

Attachments

• endurostein02.jpg
    endurostein02.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,809
  • endurostein01.jpg
    endurostein01.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,809
Looks great that. Did switching to a coil shock make much difference?

Updated pics of mine:

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

Recent changes include the Pike's and a Specialized seatpost.

Some more slight changes!

The chrome Hayes brakes have gone and have been replaced with my XTR brakes off my Giant. An XT rear mech also added.

The Pike forks are amazing though! Money very well spent.

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

Found this site via google search. I'm thinking of picking up a Specialized Enduro 06. My last specialized was an SX Trail 2008 and it was a cracking bike!

What I'd like to know is: is it possible to run a bolt through hub rather than quick release?

Also; what about upgrading the rear shock? What options do we have available?

What is the enduro like for trail centre work?
I'm still debating with myself as to whether I should go for an enduro as my do-it-all rig or hold out for a modern Marin Attack Trail.

By the way, lovely looking bike(s)!

BRP

The Enduro's are great bikes and I'd certainly recommend one. Afraid you couldn't run a bolt through axle on this frame, but it's plenty stiff enough and doubt you'd notice and flex on a normal qr. Plenty of people have changed the rear shocks on these. Think you'd struggle to get one exactly the same length, but do some google-ing and see what lengths other people have fitted.

You can pick enduros of this age up for £500 on eBay, which is a bargain! Allow for spending a little bit on any maintenance, but you'd get a bike that's very capable for such a low price :)

Back