MTB routes in/near Hull, Humberside

srands

Retro Guru
Hi, summary of MTB routes in/near Hull, Humberside.

http://www.stephanrands.karoo.net/mtb_routes_hull.htm

If you can think of other MTB routes/contacts, please suggest I'll add them in.

If you like these rides/maps, post me a message, tell me what you thought of the route(s).

Any other MTB riders in Hull area, on this forum? I know Fluffy Chicken He's a school/MTBing friend of mine, from years ago.

Cheers

Stephan Rands
mail@srands.co.uk
www.srands.co.uk

Yep there are a few on the South bank a couple of other Hull people but don't seem to ride.

Anyways welcome to the old site, I'll get Chris to wheel out his red old 'dale to remind you of the old times :)

chrisv40":3fmfrh2b said:
Hi Stephan,

Are you coming out riding with us soon?

MTB rides localish sure (The following is about as far as I go)

~ Hull (Raywell/Skidby/Cottingham/Melton/Welton/Brough/Brantingham/Elloughton/North&South Cave)

~ Beverley Westwood

~ Barton/Brigg

~ Hessle Foreshaw/Marina/Hull City/Hedon/Preston/Paull

If any rides are organised in April on these days (Weather permitting!) should be able to drag myself along!

18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 27th, 28th, 29th or 30th April.

Ben (Fluffy Chicken) as a comparison, is more technical then me, and will have a higher average speed, then me.

Cheers

Stephan

mail@srands.co.uk

Keep an eye on this section and I'm sure Ben will pm you for any local rides.

Don't worry about average speeds and technical ability, we spend half the ride either sat down chatting or in a cafe anyway :LOL:

Ben is quite a speedy little bugger isn't he!

Should be able to join ya for some rides, seen as I usually ride with Chris & Ben, generally at Chris's pace so I'd not worry about your speed ;)

What he doesn't realise it is about 20 years have passed since. I'm not so speedy, certainly don't have the muscles and carry around a stone or so extra :LOL:

MTB ride

FluffyChicken":14hk0mks said:
Yep there are a few on the South bank a couple of other Hull people but don't seem to ride.

Anyways welcome to the old site, I'll get Chris to wheel out his red old 'dale to remind you of the old times :)

Talking of old bikes, do you remember which KLEIN model full suspension Ian Howden had? Was it ALTITUDE or something like that? It was a very nice full sus, as it should have been with a price that steep! Bad Joke! Klein/Incline/Decline! Maybe you have photos, I don't have any contact with Ian Howden, at all.

Cheers Stephan.

No idea, It was some time when we where at Uni or later he got that. All I remember is the GT's
Only seen a Klein (I think, traditional colours on Facebook a year or so back until he vanished off it) but it look modernish with a swing arm ?

FluffyChicken":1swp2awo said:
No idea, It was some time when we where at Uni or later he got that. All I remember is the GT's
Only seen a Klein (I think, traditional colours on Facebook a year or so back until he vanished off it) but it look modernish with a swing arm ?

Hi Ben, it was a very nice bike, when Ian worked at Ken Ellerkers, he bought it, got a good OAP discount from good 'old' Brian, as I remember, but it was alot of cash, alot more then his previous cars, at the time!

Anyway I digress, after looking at many photos I believe it was a Mantra Comp, or Pro, or similar. Same colour as attached photos but Ian's was a higher spec with XT/XTR, these look good, but Ian's looked amazing. I'd
rip out his teeth out with pliers for it, if he was selling it 2nd hand.

Attachments

• KleinMantraComp 000.jpg
    KleinMantraComp 000.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 2,748
  • KleinMantraComp.jpg
    KleinMantraComp.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 2,748
Back