1995 Independent Fabrication Deluxe #153 18D

I must say I think it would be criminal to change the paint - and not just because of its historic nature, but also because it looks fantastic anyway. And much better done than the Fat Chance that John pictured IMO.

With all due respect to the expertise of the person you quoted, I find it very hard to believe that they would use plain-gauge tubing for such a frame. Why save a few dollars on using a sub-standard tubeset when you're going to hand-build the frame and treat it to a custom paint job? And whether it was a team frame or for limited edition sale to customers, either way a plain-gauge tubeset wouldn't fit the purpose. I guess the definite answer will come when you can weigh the frame.

Incidentally, I thought when HarryBurgundy had an early IF, it was established that his frame shared geometry and other features with the Wicked Lite, rather than with the Yo Eddy.

kingroon":32qi37zy said:
I'm thinking [realising] it needs to stay wholly Holstein :oops: :cool:

Well it is a seriously cool paintjob in my opinion and even if the paint was stuffed given how rare it is I wouldn't repaint it.

Looking forward to seeing the build progress :cool:

Okay, Build Update :twisted:

The frame is still in Lowell, MA but I've started collecting parts for it already :cool:

Showboater
Always wanted a Rasta build, and this one seems right for it.. Got some Green & Red Blingle, some Red MRC Steelies and a coupla tasty Rasta parts are in my sights :twisted:

Forks
Don't wanna go the Judy route, it'd be nice to find some thing special/different.. White Bros? McMahon? Gunna be hard finding any of them with a One Incher tho.. :roll:

Keep it team cow, you know its the right thing to do. Had I been able to find the time to do anything with it, I would have resprayed in the original cow theme. It does need to be resprayed tho, so to everyone tempted to lean on Kingroon to keep the original paint, respraying is the right thing to do.

Treat it right, Kingroon. Make me proud! :D :D ;)

I happened across this recently

DSC_0016_2.jpg

utahdog2003":3l0rnez4 said:
Treat it right, Kingroon. Make me proud! :D :D ;)

You don't have to worry about a thing ;)

I might keep the paint as is tho.. Iit has heritage as is; that paint has seen some racin' and I don't wanna cover that up!

kaiser":3l0rnez4 said:
I happened across this recently..

What a Bewt!

IF bike forks

Hello, I have IF deluxe #7 from '95 & am using White Brothers Magic 80 forks & couldn't be happier. they built them with a 1" steerer. Killer bike you will love it.

Latest posts

Back