Can anyone id this bike?

bonty98

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi folks,

Bought this BMX for my kid and was wondering if anyone can give a clue what brand it is?
I was also wondering if it is retro somehow, the chainstays make me think of e-stays.
If it´s not a proper bike, I´d like to know that also.
TIA
Jan

P1050714.jpg

P1050715.jpg

P1050716.jpg

P1050717.jpg

looks GT Dyno ish to me - might be a lookalikey but check behind seat tube to see if it has Dyno stamped. It looks a wee bit chunky but you never know.

BMX IDENTITY

I RECKON THERS SOME CURTIS IN THIS BIKE JUST BY LOOKING AT THE TRIPPLE BARS ALONG THE TOP BY SEAT

Thanks for the replies guys :)
I´m wondering if this could be a Haro or maybe a lookalike?
Just came home from a seminar, will try getting the serialnumber tomorrow.
The welds and stuff is pretty neatly done, but at the same time it seems it´s not that finely made, chunky if you know what I mean.

I gotta say if it was a top end frame then they would of stamped there name in it some where like they do on the rest !

in the 90's owards the haro frame was coppied a lot by cheaper factorys - infact a lot of good parts on the frames were coppied as that is what made them sell - this is why it is so hard to know what bike it is - but most of the top end gear has a named stamped

at the same time there are a load of frames that just don't have a name on them and it's the shape of bits on a frame that tell what it is - from gusset to rear drop outs

i will see what i can find out ;)

Thanks a lot Cat :)
Below is the numbers.
I saw an eighties something Haro with the same model toptube.
That´s why i figure this is a copy of that.
Anyhow that would make it pretty retro I guess?
At the headset is a odyssey giro2, which I gather holds the front brakecable, which at present, isn´t there.
The crank seems to be KMC or KME, I´m not really sure.
Jan

F609W0220
bild-2.jpg

HT-B02
bild.jpg

Thanks Kev,
You solved the riddle :)
I just love retrobike, this site is the business :twisted:
Although I polished the frame I can see the stickers fitting with the name.
Heavy Tools also correlate with the serialnumber that starts with HT.
So Cat had it right there :)

But what kind of bmx is this?
Is it dirt or freestyle or what?

Jan

Back