Who, What, Where......

Was going to go to coed y brenin with work guys for the weekend but young'uns ill :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thought I'd post a few pics from my Sunday spin at Mundaring, home to a large dam that provides water to Kalgoorlie mine fields (and a nice pub incidentally).

Its also the start of the Munda Biddi trail, a dedicated mtb trail that currently covers some 500km from Perth to the south-west, and will ultimately extend all the way to Albany, 900km south of Perth.

A lot of the riding is on pea gravel, which you can see in a couple of the photos - very slippery and a bit like riding in firm mud (although it actually is more slippery in the dry).

Was very spoilt with the weather this weekend. Hit the beach in sunny 36C weather on Saturday, and it kindly cooled down and went overcast, mid 20's for the ride on Sunday :D

Attachments

• DSC00138.jpg
    DSC00138.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 902
  • DSC00140.jpg
    DSC00140.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 902
  • DSC00151.jpg
    DSC00151.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 902
  • DSC00149.jpg
    DSC00149.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 902
Weekend in Review

Well the wekends now over, but this was my weekend of riding.

Friday Evening: A couple of hours club track racing on the old fixie.

Saturday Morning: Weekly road race - strong cross winds and the fast boys turned it into a real smash fest (ie fast a blow your legs off, as opposed to crashes) 500m into the race. For me it turned into about a 90 minute time trial as I tried to stay with the bunch.

Saturday Afternoon: 25km over the hill and back mtb race on the King Kahuna. Came close to winning, but the old girl wouldn't go into top gear on the cassette and the advantage I had going up the hills dissappeared as 44 /14 really limits your speed on the really fast stuff.

Sunday: Leisurely 5 hour recovery ride in some remote hills on the 5 Spot - much more fun than riding retro. ;)

Dont you hate when your planned rides dont work out :roll:

Today's ride cut short by domestic duties, so only managed to get an hour in.

Still, a hard fast one with plenty of short sharp blasts up the hills ;) Just the way I like it.

Went with Mr. Kawasaki's friends FairfaxPat and Megan on a ride that kept going and going and going. Went up Mount Tam and then rode the ridge line to the north on a rough trail that you can ride down with no brakes as long as you can hang onto your bike. I LOVE me some full suspension, sorry retro fans.

Our ride ended up being about four hours and 30+ miles, and Megan had to get back for some obligations, so the last ten miles or so were on the main road, in a pace line.

We slowed down a bit as we rode through the village of Forest Knolls, and saw a dozen riders in matching jerseys in a car park, obviously just done with a ride. One recognized Megan and called out a greeting, then someone said, "Is that [Repack Rider]?" Followed by a cheer from the group.

I was just hanging on by that point, but I made sure that when they drove past us I was in the front of the pace line.

I got out on Saturday at 7.30am

Took a ride into the Southdowns with the weather being so clear made for fantastic views. Got home after 4 hours and realised I could not feel my toes, which made walking difficult.

Back