'98 Specialized Ground Control FSR (Updated 07/13)

ok two more additions to make, when i get 5 mins.

got an M960 XTR front mech w00000000000t :D
also be adding a set of RC-38 LTs to the front end :D

if only i could get an M965 left hand hydro dual control lever to go with the right, and a better rear wheel to replace the LX one ;)

fingers crossed i'll get the time this weekend to make these changes :D

i already have a pair of those levers sat gathering dust lol.

they aren't however XTR ;) not being a snob as i never thought i'd own XTR kit as it has always been way out of my price bracket, no problems with the LX kit on it just a bit mis-matched with the other nice blingy bits lol.

Khane":19dvw9e4 said:
i already have a pair of those levers sat gathering dust lol.

they aren't however XTR ;) not being a snob as i never thought i'd own XTR kit as it has always been way out of my price bracket, no problems with the LX kit on it just a bit mis-matched with the other nice blingy bits lol.

Bit like me, I have some LX ones gathering dust to, I bought em and realised you cant use dot4 fluid till it was too late.......ended up with XT shifters :LOL:

i bought them at the time to try and make a couple of £££ off of them, should have gone for the XTR M965s at the time they were only £50 :/

Looks great.

I'm thinking of doing a bit of work with mine.

Ideally I'd like some decent forks, as the bushings are worn on the Judy T2s, resulting in a bit of flex within the fork.

With a decent set of forks, though, I'd probably need to go to disk brakes.

So...........where did you get your rear disk mount?

i got the shark fin off a member on here :D

and you don't need to go to discs, there are plenty of good forks about that still have canti bosses.

Bit of an odd request this, but would you mind taking a close up of the point where the shock joins the rear link, please?

I took my bike into my LBS yesterday for a few bits and pieces and they reckon the spring has worked loose and is now eating away at the linkage.

They're going to take a good look on Tuesday and tell me if it's salvageable, but if I had a close up of yours I could see how it's meant to look (I appreciate you no longer have the spring on your set-up)

Many thanks

Phil

tenfoot":u7ipfogn said:
Bit of an odd request this, but would you mind taking a close up of the point where the shock joins the rear link, please?

I took my bike into my LBS yesterday for a few bits and pieces and they reckon the spring has worked loose and is now eating away at the linkage.

They're going to take a good look on Tuesday and tell me if it's salvageable, but if I had a close up of yours I could see how it's meant to look (I appreciate you no longer have the spring on your set-up)

Many thanks

Phil

still got the shock, but no it's not attached.
gotta go out in a min but i'll get you some pics later :D

ok not entirely sure of which area of the linkage you wanted pics of but here are a couple of that general area, need more just ask (but be specific ;))

jzcuap.jpg

n4bjgz.jpg

Back