KLEIN Attitude Team (FINISHED BUILD!) :-)

Elev12k":u0vp64x8 said:
White Turbo is a nice touch.

Funny, before I saw Melvin's post I was just thimking "that white Turbo is perfect"!

Sweet looking bike and the understated, classy build only enhances the frame all the more.

Surely this is an example of why Klein are so iconic? I remember seeing the same colour Attitude in London in 1990/91 and thinking it was one of the coolest bikes I'd ever seen (the other was a pace RC100), even with slicks.

really nice, i like it!

the only change i'd suggest is (again) the cable routing. run the left shifter cable to the right entry on the down tube and vice versa. the cable have to cross each other within the downtube. alternatively you can cross them outside of the downtube just above the bottom bracket shell but that is less nice and bends them a bit too much. then cut the housings as short as possible (so they don't stretch when the bar is fully turned). the housings will not touch the head tube and rub the holy paint off and the smooth bend improves shifting. and it looks much cleaner imho!

if you like that set up put the rear brake on the left lever and then the brake cable will not touch the head tube too.

carsten

1010S_S_Adroit61.jpg

erkan":3uji4wtp said:
Nice Voodoo2 card...

Hehehe, cool that someone noticed that! Aaaahhh, the good ol' dayz of playing Unreal and Dark Forces on the Voodoo2 :cool: Lot's of other stuff lying around here too, I'm like trying to tidy the place for over 6 months now. Even my "retro" 486 DX2-66 is buried in stuff, so I can't properly play my Jazz Jack Rabbit and demos :-(

@Carsten: OK, will try with the cabling... I saw Martin did that too but I changed it back because in the catalogue it's routed like I have now. It's looks a bit weird to me to be honest, crossing the cabling. But will have a try, since I haven't set the derailleurs in place.

Thanx for the kind responses all, I really am so happy with this! This is absolutely the crown on my collection! (as far as I have one that is) :)

Void(EN12-82)

Well, I've crossed the shifter cables (internally of course, done in a second I with my magic bent paperclip) must say so now those cables won't touch the frame... looks nice I must admit. Brakes are gonna be like there are now, because I won't be able to get used to that (I know, because I've tried before and even had one bike that came this way and had to change that). So I'll go for a clear protection pad/sticker there. That should do the trick since it doesn't really rub the frame anyway (while turning the bars).

Now up to finishing it with a proper front wheel, some new tires, it's own cassette and chain and then it's over to some serious cycling! :) :cool:

I was beginning to think I was cured of my obsession with this coilour Attitudes, but that is one sweet build. I want, sorry NEED one!

Love the Ritchey kit and white turbo. :cool:

jez-2-many-bikes":16e0y3bv said:
You dont have that Gorrilla brake booster for sale do you?

Depends on what is being payed for it ;-) (no sorry, I really have no clue what to ask for one of those?). But if you need it we'll work something out... it's only on there because I had it lying around and it happened to be black :shock: :cool: Can't notice any difference in braking, though :oops:

Void(EN12-82)

Look good Dennis, the change of cable routing would do the best i think. Nice build up but the Brakebooster is a bit overdone i think. Turbosaddle saddle looks amazing... It´s in good hands!

Miss him allready and hopefully I will find the bigbrother-sister sometime!

Much fun with your Attitude!

Grz Martin

wauw!

That looks soooo cool.
I was looking for a frame like that,..and will keep hunting one done.
Untill that time i will have to do with another Attitude in team colors,..but a "newer" version.

Latest posts

Back