1996 Litespeed Tellico - Now 16 Ibs 10.7 Oz - Updated Page 4

1996 Litespeed

I'm new on here, and I just wanted to say that I absolutely LOVE that bike of yours. :shock:

I clearly remember these frames becoming available and wanted one so much but I simply couldn't afford/justify the money.

Out of interest, where did you get the frame from and how much did you pay for it (cheeky question I know so I'm not expecting an answer on that last on...).

Anyway, as others have already said, I'm looking forward to seeing how your project evolves.

All the best
Karl T

Re: 1996 Litespeed

ket01":33wfshb4 said:
I'm new on here, and I just wanted to say that I absolutely LOVE that bike of yours. :shock:

I clearly remember these frames becoming available and wanted one so much but I simply couldn't afford/justify the money.

Out of interest, where did you get the frame from and how much did you pay for it (cheeky question I know so I'm not expecting an answer on that last on...).

Anyway, as others have already said, I'm looking forward to seeing how your project evolves.

All the best
Karl T

A litespeed frame sold yesterday For £236

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Litespeed-Obed-Ti ... 43a6415d62

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: 1996 Litespeed

ket01":2gz9zhbx said:

I got the frame on here for about £450 with CK H/Set, not bad, the frame originally retailed at crazy prices £2.5K+, being the top of the line 6Al/4V model.

An update to the spec is a replacement of the pedals for the Ti Axle'd versions, saving 61 G's (Yes I know, obsessive now)

1d9320f9.jpg

Replaced by:
74b62e78.jpg

And also added Ti Studs, Washers and Bolts to the V Brakes pads, saving 16G
474c3e3e.jpg

This makes it, 16 Ib 10.77 Oz. Nice

Did you weigh the grease used ;)

A jest really but still its a weight that isnt considered :?

letmetalktomark":3nc46v72 said:
Trying to keep it as 'in 1997' style as possible really, but with a nod to the weenie world, just as I did bitd.

Personally this is why I like it so much.

Anyone can throw money at a weight weenie project and buy the very lightest kit, but tricking and modding existing/period kit is far cooler :cool:

Yes, very true! It's a retro bike to me, even though it has some modern day stuff. Great build!

Back