PLS CAN ANYONE HELP- TYPE OF TUBING QUERY

Mans

Dirt Disciple
I have a Chas Roberts frame bought in the early nineties. There are no stickers to indicate what type of tubing has been used. Is there any way of finding out?
Many thanks

Hi Mans,

Not sure whether to post this, as I don't want it to sound like a terse reply. Here goes -

Is it lugged or brazed? Oversize or standard sizes? Have you been able to weigh it, to get a wieght for frame/ forks only - this could rule some steels out and narrow the search a little.

Easiest option - Is there a frame number? If so, you could ask Roberts direct of they still have any info.

Good luck,

David

Mans":21b4tfqb said:
I have a Chas Roberts frame bought in the early nineties. There are no stickers to indicate what type of tubing has been used. Is there any way of finding out?
Many thanks

Phone Chas Roberts, I bought a Roberts frame recently that they identified for me. Gave me the material (531C), date it was made (June 1985), original colour (it's still red), geometry and name of the person who they built it for. They are extremely helpful, all they need is the frame number which will be under the bb shell. You can then get an appropriate Reynolds or Columbus sticker from Lloyds of Penrith or Cyclomondo on Ebay (he's in Australia, takes about a week to get them). I've restickered several frames using decals from Cyclomondo in 531C, 531ST, 531 Desiginer Select, and Super Vitus 980. The only one that I had minor problems getting was a Columbus Gilco decal that I eventually got from Russia!

Gordon

Back