Ragley

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I have been looking for a bike to last me.One to ride and keep for years to come.I had a clockwork for years and really loved that bike,i think it was the steel frame and geometry that i liked about the clockwork :cool:
This brand Ragley seems to fit the bill.The current one in the cat' is the 'piglet'
I like the way it isnt priced through the roof at only £250 for the frame,is made of cro-mo with lots of clearance :cool:
Anyone own a ragley or have an opinion of it :? Is it an all rounder the way the clockwork was or is it more a play bike,big forks etc but nowhere to fit a rack or full mudguards :?

My friend (giant-one) got a Blue Pig the other year but didn't really get on with it. I thought it felt a bit numb tbh. El Pedro's got an MmBop and likes it though so I guess it's down to personal choice. If I were you I'd look at the On-Ones. Seem to be built to a similar standard and cost less. If you've got a few more pennies why not get a relative of the Clockwork, a P7 or Pure?

Oh, and good luck getting a Ragley. They still have not delivered the 2011 Blue Pig and it's nearly the end of the bike year!

Being truly honest, you have to hammer the f**k out of ragleys to get the best out of them, great for my type of riding but as Edd says overkill for most people, i had a bluepig and couldnt really get to grips with the numbness of it, never felt too big but never felt big enough if that makes sense. Go for the Cotic or the On One.

genesis attitude 853 had mine for some years always feels right liverly not to heavy and well balanced it always feels just right and keeps me smiling :cool: :D

iv'e tried on one and to be fair there good for the money but put them against everything else frame wise and they are gash and feel really hash and dead to ride every last brake rut or root just thuds and feels uncomfy thats just my personal opinion though :D

My On One Carbon 456, its exactly the oposite to that cannondaleking, i know carbon is a diffrent kettle of fish to steel, but whatbike magazine said its far more responsive and flexes more also more comfrotable than ANY other long travel HT bike they have tested, i have tryed a few diffrent tyrpes of hard hitting HTs in the past 2 years and i couldnt agree more. its awesome. :LOL:

The Pipedream Sirius and Scion frames are 853 for not too much more than the Ragleys.

I really like my Orange R8 frame which I guess is the modern version of the Clockwork, but they're daft money for what you get.

I was looking at a piglet in a MTB magazine last night.

Cannot find the picture used but the bike looks cool :)

1283256546234-n3nlrwcquc6v-500-90-500-70.jpg

I like the realization that not all riders want a 140mm+ fork on the front of their bikes.

On a side note I find a 115 - 120mm travel fork on the front of my Soul to be about spot on :)

I just can not understand why they have put a bloody big gusset onj the front when its only a 120mm bike, i can understand why they did on the Bluepig but not a XC bike, seems daft and looks silly IMHO.

Went through this thought process earlier in the year, narrowed it down to a Piglet and a Carbon 456.

Bought the Carbon 456.

Really, really, really glad I did. Simply one of the best frames I've ever ridden, and I've ridden some corkers.

Back