summer cruiser project?

Frame is here. Thanks jamabikes.

26" rear coaster braked rear wheel needed. Any ideas where to look?

Well imy project has ground to a halt as I can't find a pair of forks with a long enough steerer. I need at least 250mm and still no rear wheel (SS with coaster brake).
I may look at plan b) try and buy a whole cruiser and adapt, sell frame

I'd have thought any local fabricator's could extend your steerer tube in the time it takes you to make them a thank you brew ;)

Not sure about the hub, maybe on CTC's Classifieds? I believe Sturmy are making a 2-speed coaster hub though - kick back a little to shift, more to brake - so no cables at all :cool:

Yes the engineer modifcation may be next. I have a coaster hub, but it's a 24 hole BMX type one, which I'm guessing won't be up to the job I want it for.
Looking at Plan B. I am going to the States, where I could pick up bits, but I'm going in August and the race is 2nd July.................DOH

Plan C kicked in. I bought a modernish cruiser off of flea bay for £34, without a coaster rear wheel. So I'm selling my origional frame and I need a SS coaster braked 26" rear wheel..........

I have everything now except the rear wheel, I can put in a fixed wheel for now and at least ride it, simples................

Back