Project No.8.5: alpinestars cro-mega LX ‘Wildthing’ FINISHED

I always look forward to reading your build threads Mark but this one has taken things to another level.

Hope to see this in the flesh sometime over the summer.

Thanks for the kind words gents. I took the bike out for a quick shakedown this evening and i'm liking it alot. Hopefully i'll be able to make the 3 tribes ride later in the month and give it a proper ride out there.

Fantastic build, but please make sure you avoid anything gritty or pebbly; I'd be gutted when that first chip appears :cry:

Hows the riding position? Are you finding the cock-pit a bit cramped?

Well done Mark, I'm loving that retro splash of colour and modest period components, thats what its all about. :cool: steady tidy work mate. impressive. Scott AT bars are great too, can never have enough hand positions these days.

al-onestare":1bzgf863 said:
Hows the riding position? Are you finding the cock-pit a bit cramped?

It is tight, but the Raleigh is fairly tight too. Only issue is adjusting the gear tension, you need to remove the shifter pod to do this :D

Gotta be worth a bump for folks like myself who've recently 'returned to the fold' ;) and missed it first time around. What a fantastic build :cool: - your patience is amazing . . . sadly I tend to go from ebay/strip/re-spec/ride/re-strip/ebay in a matter of weeks . . . all good fun but hopefully that won't be the case with my new project (and the reason for my Alpinestars search) drums fingers in anticipation of parcel man :?

Back