Raleigh Dyna-Tech 700 1990

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Not sure I've outed this properly here - but as it's about to feature in a retro road ride in the coming weeks, it's as good a time as any. A credit to its former Dutch keeper, I've kept away from meddling or even riding it, except for a change of saddle and metal footclips to replace the perished platic ones. Both the Volvo 240 and the bike are from 1990, which makes a rare and neat symmetry in the Kawasaki household... now I search for some of those Castorama 'dungaree' trade tops to complete the camp-ness of it all....

The retro sportif, if anyone fancies it: http://www.pendlewitchesvintagevelo.co.uk/

Attachments

• Casto2.jpg
    Casto2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 7,269
  • Dyna-Tech 700 1990.jpg
    Dyna-Tech 700 1990.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 7,269
  • Dyna-Tech 700 1990 2.jpg
    Dyna-Tech 700 1990 2.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 7,269
Oooooooooooooooo, lovely. I reckon my love of Dyna Tech bikes will probably reach a fiscally irresponsible level in about a year's time. Have you seen the similarly stylish M-Trax Ti-2000 that parks outside Manc town hall's Lloyd St entrance? Like Dynatech Rider's beauty:

M-TRAXTi20001995a.jpg

stedlocks":2qj5xn5o said:
Is that bloke on the bike presenting "playschool"?
:0)

Nice bit of pink there mate.....

Fignon never really saw eye to eye with Derek Griffiths, only did two series..........

Lovely bike- proper 90s colours them is.

Lovely bike Neil ...and I know how good they ride. Very nice bike for long in the saddle.

There is something odd with the bar position, but that will be result of your personal preferance, is it? Great you're entering a ride with it, especially given it is tied to charity. Will you start a serious road career now or will it just be one occasion?

Oh yes... a serious road career beckons... as you can tell from the bars angle! ;-) Sunday riding only and maybe the odd turn around Delft... :)

Very nice bike if a bit too pink for me. I'd go with white 'bar tape and toe straps. That gearing looks brutal for the Pendle ride. Are you doing the Trial or the Cauldron?

Mark.

ERRATUM

As my PM box informs me, the featured cycle has toeclips for toes, not footclips for feet and the bars are indeed set at the jaunty angle of an interloper, one set fair for dark justice, meted out oer the moor by grizzly men in damp, elongated woollen jerseys....

Incidentally there's a NOS 600 and a 700 in wee sizing on the bay currently.

Attachments

• crime and punishment.jpg
    crime and punishment.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 7,161
Back