SKYE: 30th April - 1st May ?

if your perth / dundee, I'd recommend, A9 to dalwhinnie, and then cut across to spean bridge (by lagan wolftrax)

if your a82, you canny beat the fish and chips at the good food stop tynndrum

I like the chippy in Fort Bill - the one between the polis station and the public toilets :D

Think I'll travel Friday afternoon/evening straight to Slig. Might take the Sex One :p

Alright TK, PM'd with Radek, he'll head to mine first, transfer to my car, then we'll head up to Dundee. I'll leave my car on the street at yours (I'll tuck my wing mirrors in) then we can all jolly on up the road to the isles in the Touran.

Radek fancied early morning, but is flexible. I'd probably prefer going up Friday night, that £15 bunkhouse actually sounds good, might at least get half a night's sleep.

Ok sounds good, bunkhouse could be investigated, I'd prefer to be fresh for the ride so Friday is better but it depends what time you can get up here.

Hmmm, I finish work early on a Friday (3pm). Looks like 1.5 hrs (ish) to Dundeh from Failkirk.

Radek - What time could you be in Falkirk on the Friday after work?

I can be ready to leave at 5.30 - gives an arrival time in slig of 10pm or fort bill 8.15 pm (it's a little off route we could stop elsewhere.)

Where are we meeting on Skye? Are we settled on the slig campsite or are we doing the southern one? We could bring a Barby and do a smaller open fire in that.

Sligachan campsite is just plain easier - avoids an extra drive to Glen Brittle then back to the start of route in the morning. Route starts/finishes at Sligachan, so that's where I'll be.

I've seen folk with BBQs there before. Can't recall about fires, but I'm sure if it was at an out-of-the-way section of the ground it would be ok. Stayed there several times before with 20-odd motorcyclists and into-the -night-partying :p no-one complained.

Also been looking at maps :roll: - we could vary the route slightly to make it a bit longer if conditions OK. There are a couple of shorts loops on the southern and eastern sections that can easily be included.

Alternative Sunday route from Slig through to Glen Brittle possibly, not sure about cycleability though :twisted:

the path from slig to glen brittle is rough but doable especially if it's been dry. i rode it ~20yrs ago. the further from slig you get, the better it gets, once you get Sgurr a Bhasteir / Bruach na Frìthe on your left hand side it gets better (probably the high point). it's a walked in path/no construction, far narrower and rougher than what you've seen on the slig loop.

once over in glenbrittle you a few choices, follow the road down to campsite, single track and quiet.

cross the road and up in the fireroads around Beinn Bhraghad, you'll get some elevation there and some fantastic views of the cullin ridge.

you could back in towards Sgurr Fheadain climbers path, reasonably smooth, taking a dive/plunge in the fairy pools, taking the path back directly under Bruach na Frìthe to rejoin your path in.

down the road to

1. one way climbers path across from the youth hostel, steep start but fine once you get going into coire a ghreadaidh

2. down to the camp site, path into sgurr alasdair, again steep start then fine, one way again, you'll get as far as coire lagan, a beautiful spot with big mountains all around you

3. down to the campsite and down a track to the headland on the left hand side of the beach

the road section on slig loop from slig to luib is the main road, not main road as we know it but still busy, get it out of the way first would be my recommendation, not for tiring legs.

the drive from glenbrittle to slig is ~20mins

lots of options.

glenb campsite in the evening with the soft light on those hills is very memorable

Back