drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Retrobike Ride: Three Tribes meet ~ Edale and Ladybower area

1-3.jpg

:: Date: Saturday 23rd April 2011
:: Distance/time: 22 miles / 4-5 hours riding.
:: Meeting at: Edale Station Car Park at 10:30am for 11:00am start.
[Pay and Display car park ~ Regular trains from Manchester and Sheffield]
:: Directions: Grid Ref: SK124853 ~ Postcode: S33 7ZN
:: Terrain: Rocky and natural Peak District tracks and trails with long climbs and longer descents. Can be a bit exposed on the moors so be prepared if the weather is inclement. Some short road sections but mostly off road. A few technical sections and plenty of rocks, glorious views and fast descents.

Following on from last year's ride , the plan is for three groups (East Mids, North West, North East) to set off from different points, meet up and then ride together over some quality terrain to a great pub for some refreshments. Then the groups will say farewell and return to their starting points.
Each group will approach the meeting point on the west bank of Ladybower Reservoir from their respective directions.

Altogether the North West option comes in at just over 20 miles with the outward leg, the shared loop and the return route.

This will be a great ride and a great opportunity to meet up with retrobikers from all over the UK.
Infectious banter guaranteed.

So what say you...!

After the great ride last year i'm going to try and make this years. Lets see if we can get thet timing spot on again!

I'm trying to build the smokestone, I've nearly got all the bits now :? ,if that's not ready then the karakoram or cromega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back