Legnano roadbike Help!

1duck

Senior Retro Guru
http://s2.imagefrog.net/show.php/152112_legnano.jpg

Any information at all would be appreciated, thats the only picture i've got at the moment and i don't readily have access to a camera. Oh and the bike is currently at my uncles house so i can't really tell you anything other than what you see in the picture.

What i know about road bikes could be written on a postage stamp so any information would be gratefully accepted...

Sorry for the completely noob post :oops:

The Legnano firm began as Vittorio Rossi in 1902, in Italy and began producing bikes in 1906. After WWI, the company was bought by Emilio Bozzi, who also owned the Frejus & Wolsit brands. In the mid 1970s, Mr. Bozzi was assassinated by the radical Italian Red Guard party and thereafter the Bozzi family withdrew from business altogether. Later, in the 1980s, Legnano brand was acquired by Bianchi and given brief production and included sponsorship of a Pro team lead by Maurizio Fondriest.

Present as a team since the first editions of the Tour of Italy at the beginning of the twentieth century, Legnano emerged in the decade preceding the Second World War thanks to riders like Gino Bartali. In the late '30s he was hired as an amateur along with Fausto Coppi, who, past professional won the Giro surprisingly in 1940.

The success that pro racing results bought Legnano meant that it still has a place in the heart of many Italians of a certain age. For those growing up during the 1950s and 1960s a Legnano bicycle was the machine to aspire to and with a price of several months the average wage it was a dream for many Italians to own one.

Yours in the typical lime green team colours and appears to be from the 60's

Thanks that's pretty cool, i'll try take some more pictures when i get hold of it. I have to wait at least a couple of weeks :(

Back