Show us what you did today, thread

71 degree's DT and not quite got the right set up with the forks at the moment- need to mess with the air pressure but they seem to be very well made and plush and the lock out is lush too.

I might give the grease trick a go DT good advice, just a bit pissed as they were advertised as fully working.

Moo Moo ZZ :LOL:

In a bid to keep expenses down but still do some cheap bike fiddling in the man cave of an evening, I've gotten off my arse and finished recreating the decals for the Hardrock...

hardrock97sheet1.jpg

Need to get the sizes sorted and get a request in to gil...

Also picked up a cheap set of Judy T2s which I can use in combination with my shagged out pair and get some front sus on it again.

I've got pictures of all the original decals on the frame from before I got it powdercoated, so I should be able to get it right. I'll also do a test print, cut them out and stick them on the frame to verify, then finally get gil to work his magic.

zigzag":1dmkv109 said:
Also might be able to get a seal rebuild kit for the lever from Hope still? Sure dyna or big.eck will know.

As dyna says ChainReaction do seal kits. I recently got an Open Pro lever kit from them and on opening found that a small washer was missing. Contacted them as I couldn't re-use the one on lever I had. They sent me a complete new kit FOC, which surprised me. Very good customer relations.
They need to stop using feck off big boxes for tiny things that would fit in jiffy-bag. :?

I found another site that does Hope spares, caliper and lever seals.

http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/21 ... plete.html

http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/21 ... plete.html

Haven't bought any stuff of them yet but want to rebuild another set of Hope brakes soon, so may buy from them as I can't see the same stuff on CRC's site.

If you still can measure the heights of the decals on the frame following the curve (and the widths) I'm sure mine are were a little out using the photo method despite some pi maths.

The Ken":3eu8cpcp said:
If you still can measure the heights of the decals on the frame following the curve (and the widths) I'm sure mine are were a little out using the photo method despite some pi maths.
:idea: Ha! That might explain why my Rockhopper decals were a bit out :? ... cheers TK, I'll break out my dress making tape measure :)

ZZ do you fancy some commission work? Might have difficulty sourcing decals for the Vicious.

Back