Rather embarrasing moment!

I got to the bottom of a particularly steep and fast road descent (good for about 40 mph) on my way home from the hills the other day and felt the front of my Orange was a bit 'squishy'. Figuring I had a slow puncture I pulled over to discover, to my horror, that the front wheels spokes were undoing themselves quitely and were all hand tight, none of the spokes were even slightly tight and were all waggaling about.

10 mins later, after a bit of roadside wheelbuilding, rode on home, thinking how it happened, when I built the wheel I was interupted before I tensioned it. Picked it up a couple of days later and slung it on the bike.

Guess I won't to that again. :oops:

GTRTS&AVALANCHE":3b8n0p9r said:
Never had that happen, but snapped a handlebar at the stem being a prat jumping around.

You do feel a muppet though when you know something breaking is kinda your own fault :oops:

Mmm yes, done that with a Kona Race Lite bar BITD.... just completed an impressive quantity of back wheel hops in front of some 'Halfords Special' riders at a local bombhole and popped down onto both wheels with a *snap* - what a twat I felt!! Serve's me right for showing off, I guess me mum was right on that score LOL!

Didn't tighten up the QR on my Klein rear wheel 1993 (rear facing drop out) and rode off for a mile then the wheel came away from the frame :shock: :roll: didn't do the ti spokes any good. gave passers by a laugh :LOL:

Back