• WA

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • NT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ACT

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Slow6":3hgw3o5q said:
I'm sure we could find a bush to photograph ourselves in front of to give the impression that we were roughing it.

haha brilliant, we could pretend the Tan was off road!

ozpete":vwpw4j2x said:
Perhaps a ride in the coffe & cake style might be a nice introduction. Also, should be the chance of a bit of off the path action around Kew & Collingwood in the Yarra bend area, unless your'e not allowed to ride in there anymore. Or split the difference and get onto a rail trail just out of Melbourne? Lilydale - Coldstream, Warburton, or Eildon. Any rail trails or similar just out the North of Melbourne Slow6? I don't get out that way much anymore!

Okay. How about we meet @ the Studley Park Boathouse & partake in a bit of Yarra Trail action before scoffing some of their delicious baked potatoes with sour cream? The trails are a bit crap but the meet 'n' greet is the real object of the exercise! The ride is more of a 'bonus'... :LOL:

Here's the Boathouse's website & the location on Google maps. What do you think? The location is pretty central so it's kinda fair for everyone.

Boathouse website

Google Map

T'boo Ted":vwpw4j2x said:
anyone thinking to buy any of the retrobike riding gear?

I have thought about it but because I get all my gear for bugger all the price is a bitter pill to swallow! I'd be able to commission an Austalian Retrobike kit for less... if the powers that be were agreeable & we could get enough to commit to a kit or 2... No, wait. It all seems like too much hard work. I take it all back! :LOL:

Boathouse is a great idea Arran, now we need a date. As for the gear, the price puts me off and same as you mate, i can get it made here for a fraction of the price.

sounds good. should we just pick a day in a few weeks time to give members time to see the thread and come along?

Slow6":1z3azxjn said:
sounds good. should we just pick a day in a few weeks time to give members time to see the thread and come along?

Okay, if we want to squeeze the get-together into April there aren't many dates left. I'm happy to pm/email all local members to get them in the loop. Which, if any of these dates suit? Tuesday the 26th is a public holiday because Easter Monday & ANZAC Day dall on the same date. I'll assume Easter is off-limits...

Aprildates.png

P.S. My wife caught me marking thecalendar & called me a nerd...

All quiet? I could do the 16th.

...or how about the first weekend after easter 30th april (Sat) or 1st May (Sun)

or failing that if the majority of us have kids it may be best to wait until the school hols are over?

All quiet? I could do the 16th.

...or how about the first weekend after easter 30th april (Sat) or 1st May (Sun)

or failing that if the majority of us have kids it may be best to wait until the school hols are over?

16th works for me but probably not enough notice for everyone... Otherwise the first weekend after Easter gets my vote, might be a good chance to burn off the chocolate & my kids are too young for school...

i'm easy for any dates, I will go with the consensus!

p.s. Rode to work today took me less time than it does to drive in haha. Felt good, havent done any decent distance for a while.

simonR76":26mrroec said:
Otherwise the first weekend after Easter gets my vote

I think that sounds sensible.. shall we call a date and start making noise?

Sat 30th April? or Sun 1st May?

Back