Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Google+

• Another bike site

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i'm Ben. 23 years old living in Derbyshire.

Current bikes are a 98 Specialized GC FSR comp running Pro 2 hubs, EN521 front rim, WTB speeddisc rear, Hope X2 discs all wround, CK headset and RST Hi5 triple crowns. I also have a Kona Cindercone but i'm not sure which year and a 98 Kona Hahanna with a bent rear mech hanger. Looking forward to picking your brains :LOL:

Attachments

• FSR1.JPG
    FSR1.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 2,804
  • cindercone1.JPG
    cindercone1.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 2,804
  • cindercone2.JPG
    cindercone2.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 2,804
Hi everybody, this is my first post, even if I joined retrobike some times ago.
I'm Andrea and I'm writing from the north of Italy, in the Alps.
I start mountainbikig many years ago, in the late 80's when I was a young boy, with a ceap mtb. My first serious bike was a 1990 Trek 8000. In 1997 I bought a GT Lts assembled for x country rides, and now I'm riding a 2007 Cannondale rush.
All my old bikes are still in my hands :)

I always loved: Merlin, pre trek Klein, Cannondale, Cunningham, Old GT (since 199:cool: and, in general, every kind of hand-made bike.

As soon as possible I'll post some pictures!

Bye bye

Andrea

Hello, I'm Will. I've just joint this forum. Why? I recently build a Giant Cadex CFM 3 and I’ve had a lot of fun doing it.

I’ve found this forum after a Internet search for information about the bike and the components. A lot of pictures I’ve found came from this forum… so I’ve to become a part of it!
I recently bought a Specialized Ground Control FSR which I am going ‘bling’ it up. I’ve also got a Marin Bear Valley SE from 1993 in the basement as a next project.
I start mountain biking in the early 90’s so I’m very interested in bikes from the period 1990-1994.

This forum is a great database. I’ve got a lot of information out of it and had fun reading the posts.

Cheers, Will

hello,

i am new here, from germany, driving mtb since 1988.
have collected some old bikes now.
i will show some pics next week.

New member just saying hello....

So, I've come back to biking after a LONG time away.

I used to ride a lot back in the late 90's, on both road and mountain bikes, but a change in jobs (4 times), getting married, building a large house extension (that's another story that started some 5 years ago...) and other life stuff just simply squeezed my time to the point where riding bikes just became a distant memory.

Anyway, I'm back in the saddle again and it's fantastic!! The other great thing is that my Wife has caught the biking bug as well. For her birthday, in March, we bought her a Cube Hybrid (from Serosa) which she seems to really like and we've been out together on our local routs in East leads getting to grips with our bikes and really enjoying ourselves.

I'm still using my old Raleigh M-Trax 2000 ('97 I think) and my road bike which is a Principia T28 from 2001.

I like the web site, I LOVE some of these old bikes and I hope to see a lot of you out and about this summer!

Karl T

Hello All

I'm Gert from Belgium
I'm starting mountainbiking in 1987
My first mountainbike was a cheap Minerva(Belgium brand) steel bike (about €250)
after 6months I got 2 bikes (two half :roll: )
Then I got a Schauff frame with I ride about 2-3 years
Then I got a Ludo(Belgium brand) steel slooping frame with deore lx- deore XT (around 1990)
My firt aluminium mtb was a K2 comp 71 with I started racing
Then I got a Hooger-Booger full xtr from sponsership (1992-1993)
after that I had a Sunn Revolte
Proflex 955 custom (1995)
Manitou DH (1996 till about 2000)
Cannondale Jekyll (2000)
Cannondale Raven II
Cannondale F900sl
Yeti ARC (2003)
Cannondale Scalpel (2005 till 2009)
Cube AMS custom (2010 till now)
and a few other bike's
I have a specialized Epic roadbike from arround 1992 (specialized epic with carbon fiber maintubes)

p4pb3971985.jpg

regards
Gert
ps sorry about my bad English

picture of my manitou DH frame of 1996 ,I still have that frame (one of the few made that year)

p4pb368957.jpg

Hi

Hi.. :) thought i'd say...well hi... found the site cos i've just aquired a new bike, well a used bike but new to me and i ain't ridden one for a good twenty years or so. i gave it up after i saw the second guy killed on a bike, why have i got mesen one now? cos i need the excercise...and cos i kinda liked ridin me bike. any way the bike i've got is a Dawes Zenta mtb and i likes it, it rides well everything is nice and tight on it, it ain't heavy...and i likes it. thing is i don't know when they were made and i can't find anything on t'internet funnily either.
it has rigid forks, shimano chainset front mech and acera rear mech. 21 sp gripshift and caliper brakes which i reckon puts it in the 90's ish...the frame is made with AM10 tubing, which i assume is something like reynolds cos as i say it ain't very heavy. and it was made in britain cos it says so under the union jack on the top tube.
so if any dawes experts can tell me a bit about the thing i'd appreciate it.
if i can figure out how to put up photos i will do.
Thank you.

Hello y'all!

After joining this forum ages ago it's about friggin time to post something..

So let me introduce myself: I am Mike, from the deep southern part of The Netherlands, in my mid-thirties and riding MTB's since 1989..

It all started with a yellow/pink Giant Stonebreaker back in the late 80's, which is probably stashed somewhere in my dad's shed or garage. Maybe gonna pick it up in a while just for memories sake..

In the mid-nineties I was more into music and preparing to rock the stage and the love of MTB's just got a little bit lost over the years. Till a few years back when I stumbled across a Cadex for sale, which set the whole thing in motion again.
I bought it for less than nothing, took it for a spin and here we are again..

A reborn retroMTB addict browsing the Retrobike forum almost everyday!

Mike (Blackgold75)

Currently I got a scrapheap of MTB's and one old roadbike..

A list of my current MTB's:

1990 Giant Terrago
1992 Giant Cadex CFM3
1992 Giant Track (Grocery, pile and pub bike)
1992 KHS Montana Comp (Probably my first project)
1993 Trek 7000
1993 Trek 8000 SHX (Frame and fork only)
1995 Trek 990 ZX

Greetings all,

I've been lurking for quite some time. Very cool (and informative) site. My interest in bikes and biking really took off (was forced?) around 1990, in large part because I was too broke to afford a car...

Over the years I've had a '92 GT Karakoram, a '93 Marin Pine Mountain, and a '99 Kona Caldera, amongst others. Lately I'm going through something of a Kuwahara phase, the half-dozen or so examples of which causing no end of eye-rolling from the wife. In addition to being reasonably well-made they can be found here in Canada quite easily and cheaply, as this country was a major export market back then.

Time permitting I'll post some pix for those interested. Certainly there exist major differences between the Canadian and German models of the same vintage.

Hi folks,

Been lurking for a while, but decided to join up. Living in the Dales as a kid I grew up on bikes. Progressed from BMX's (Mongoose) to a GT Timberline which was subsequently stolen. Replaced that with a 1993 Kona Lava Dome which sat at my parents whilst I went to Uni. Then it got forgotten about when I got into Motorsport.

Back into mountain biking (Motorsports too expensive now) and now have a Marin Rift Zone (2007) which doesn't really get riden enough :( Sits immacualtely in the garage waiting to be taken out...

Still got the 1993 Kona Lava Done with Project 2 forks, basically the spec is as I bought it in 1993, but also with a Girvin Flexstem !
I raved about the Drive A / Drive B tyres at the time, so it's still got those fitted :LOL:

I'll take some pics of the Kona when I'm at my parents over Easter.
Cheers
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back