Rather embarrasing moment!

Davey

Old School Hero
Went out for a ride last night on my re-built hazard; I was being a silly arse, jumping off things and generally tearing about.. then my left foot gave way...

Bloody crank arm fell off, I could have sworn I done the allen bolt up VERY tight :oops: could have been a nasty accident :shock:

Never had that happen, but snapped a handlebar at the stem being a prat jumping around.

You do feel a muppet though when you know something breaking is kinda your own fault :oops:

:LOL:

velomaniac":w6kkm5po said:
Done that too on an old haro V0, felt very silly plus had to push bike back to base........oops !

Yeah had to push it home a few miles :oops: felt uber stupid!!

Not that it was on a bike, I remember when I was driving my old 1978 Land Rover with a friend and went to change gear and the whole gear stick snapped off right at the base and I was left clutching this thing as we were tearing down a hill thinking what do I do now?! (Luckily there was a layby and I pulled into it!).

I've got some good offroad stories, and a video of me being washed away :LOL:

GTRTS&AVALANCHE":3rdpv5i1 said:
Not mastered 1 footed riding then!! :LOL:

Maybe if I had some clipless pedals hehe :D

orange71":386tn092 said:
Not that it was on a bike, I remember when I was driving my old 1978 Land Rover

I may continue this half thread jack with another Landrover related cock up!
Trying to impress friends on a off-road run in my Landrover I managed to bottom it out in some far too deep tractor ruts, and was left marooned with all 4 wheels spinning!!
Had to wait for a tractor to save us and drag us out. Very embarassing :oops:

orange71":18yndtmk said:
the whole gear stick snapped off right at the base
Yeah, a famous (and slightly strange) weak spot. Still, at least your brakes worked. On ours the brakes and headlights were both intermittent. Light failure usually accompanied by burning smell and ensuing rush to locate and extinguish the currently burning scotchlok :)

Those were the days. Half way through a very through rebuild now though, shiny new wiring loom with nary a plastic menace to be seen ;-)

Back