2005 S-Works Stumpy Spare Parts Special

ajantom

Retrobike Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Just been having a root around in the shed, and I've realized I have enough bits to make an entire bike :LOL: :oops:

So we have:
- 2005 S-Works Stumpy FSR frame, blue/grey anodised + BETD linkage to adjust travel between 120/150mm.
- Magura Phaon forks - 85-125mm adjustable.
- Mavic Crossland wheels + variety of tyres (to many really, I must sell some!)
- Blue anodised Superstar headset.
- Gold Hope seatclamp.
- 1st generation Maverick Speedball seatpost + remote.
- XT gears + shifters (though I may go 1x9 on this as I have a Roox SS chain device) - I do have an XTR M960 rear mech too.
- Azonic Equalizer stem...or...RaceFace Evolve stem.
- Easton EA30 riser bars...or...RaceFace Next carbon risers.
- Hayes Stroker Trail discs brakes.
- Flite kevlar saddle.
- Shimano Un52 BB
- RPM cranks + Custom CNC SS ring (if I go 1x9 anyway) - otherwise some RF evolve cranks.
- Crank Bros Mallets.

So, 2 weeks Easter holidays await (perks of teaching :D )

I'll take some photos when it's going together.

Here we go.......
Built up last night and today.
The only bit I had to actually go out and buy was a gear cable.
So the entire build cost me exactly £2.99 (well obviously a lot more :LOL: but that doesn't count as real money as I spent it ages ago...uh, yeah that's what I tell myself anyway!)

Cutting the Magura Phaon Steerer to size:

Dusted off the frame and fitted Maguras, headset, stem and bars:

Finished and up the garden:

And an hour later out on it's first ride as a rebuilt bike.
I did a rather nice 16 mile loop that takes in lots of woody singletrack and some downhill/freeride type runs.
I'd forgotten what a nice handling bike this is, especially wih the BETD link giving an extra 30mm of travel and stiffening up the rear end.

Love parts Bin specials

I really like this frame too. I think it's what I want next.

Well done

Yeah. they're good solid frames. The next year they went on to the Brain technology, which adds unnecessary complication IMHO.
Definitely worth upgrading the linkage to the BETD one too, really makes a difference to the ride - adjustable travel. plusher, raises the BB and stiffens the rear end noticeably.

I really like it. If you fancy doubling your money I'll pop over with the cash tonight!

Back