Collwall April 2011 - Cannondale

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
VolvoTouringCar1_Medium.jpg

sinnerman":1070xgfl said:
they kept there quality control in house.
They developed the headshok, lefty, coda ranges, not only to offer an alternative solution, but also to reduce the strangle hold, that the other big component suppliers (like Shimano/Rockshox etc) have over bicycle manufacturers, thus pricing the handbuild manufacturers out of the market......and inevitably toward far east suppliers.
the bolded sections are the funniest things I've read in a long time

cannondale and quality control? no. don't take my word for it, go ask someone else who was a dealer.(pay attention, the key word in there is "was")

they developed the headshok, the lefty, and most of that coda crap to make more money and make sure you couldn't use anything else besides their products(again, ask an old dealer how those things worked out). basically, they wanted their own stranglehold

somehow, that won them over some rabid fanboys

some of the bikes were cool, but as a whole.. they suck

ymmv

[/quote]
the bolded sections are the funniest things I've read in a long time

........Mmmmmmmmmmm.!!!!! The last time i looked, if you had a Head shock, lefty fork, or coda component........this was always able to be swopped out for any aftermarket suspension forks, or components.........lol..............lol....lol..........lol........lol., !!!!!!! this incorrect statement of yours kinda proves how much you know really......doesnt it.???

And of course they were thinking about profit margins, ......lol...., hence not having to be dictated to by other massive far east suppliers like shimano etc....!!! You only have to look at the trek buyout of bontrager to see my point, trek had no interest in bontragers frames.......but the marketing possibilities of the name, for use on everything else.....wheels, cranks, bars, stems, grips, saddles, etc etc etc.........Dont take an "old" dealers word for it, its there for you to see......!!!!

Perhaps when you sat up so high on your pedestal, you should have read the original post a little better, have another read of it......it may help, you missed the point completely.....or perhaps, you would much rather prefer the more generic cannondale that we... as consumers are presented with today....!!!!!!

ymmv

sinnerman":gxrjfvbg said:
........Mmmmmmmmmmm.!!!!! The last time i looked, if you had a Head shock, lefty fork, or coda component........this was always able to be swopped out for any aftermarket suspension forks, or components.........lol..............lol....lol..........lol........lol., !!!!!!! this incorrect statement of yours kinda proves how much you know really......doesnt it.???
no. you were not always able to do that. again, don't take my word for it(because you obviously won't. and I hate people spreading bad info), go ask a dealer that sold them BITD. seriously(I don't think we're talking about the same brand of bike here. do you remember all the new standards they used, or when adapters for headtubes became available?)

sinnerman":gxrjfvbg said:
And of course they were thinking about profit margins, ......lol...., hence not having to be dictated to by other massive far east suppliers like shimano etc....!!! You only have to look at the trek buyout of bontrager to see my point, trek had no interest in bontragers frames.......but the marketing possibilities of the name, for use on everything else.....wheels, cranks, bars, stems, grips, saddles, etc etc etc.........Dont take an "old" dealers word for it, its there for you to see......!!!!

Perhaps when you sat up so high on your pedestal, you should have read the original post a little better, have another read of it......it may help, you missed the point completely.....or perhaps, you would much rather prefer the more generic cannondale that we... as consumers are presented with today....!!!!!!

ymmv
I've gone back and reread your post before this a few times, I don't see those "points" brought up anywhere, or how they relate to what you first wrote. can you point them out for me?

can you avoid the excessive use of ellipses and !!!!, ?????. it doesn't help your get your point across, its just makes you hard to read.

I can understand your want to defend the company. but lets be honest here

hollister":3rdypu4b said:
sinnerman":3rdypu4b said:
no. you were not always able to do that. again, don't take my word for it(because you obviously won't. and I hate people spreading bad info), go ask a dealer that sold them BITD. seriously(I don't think we're talking about the same brand of bike here. do you remember all the new standards they used, or when adapters for headtubes became available?)

sinnerman":3rdypu4b said:

ymmv
I've gone back and reread your post before this a few times, I don't see those "points" brought up anywhere, or how they relate to what you first wrote. can you point them out for me?

can you avoid the excessive use of ellipses and !!!!, ?????. it doesn't help your get your point across, its just makes you hard to read.

I can understand your want to defend the company. but lets be honest here

...OK., no ones spreading anything, especially bad info. Perhaps we must be talking about a different brand.....? (only one question mark for you...lol)

Or perhaps, you know something i dont....you stated....".and i quote..."

they developed the headshok, the lefty, and most of that coda crap to make more money and make sure you couldn't use anything else besides their products.

Im pretty sure , if my memory serves me right (as a cannondale dealer for nearly a decade.) any of there headshox equipped bikes (since its introduction in what was it, late 91/92..?) could have another companies forks fitted to them.....!!!! and they even offered the head cups in various sizes depending on what fork, the customer wanted to use. but hey what do i know, im just an oldman...lol.

in an effort to stop this thread turning into a complete shambles, lets agree to disagree, :D . I shall leave you to your blissful ignorance. ;)

Marzocchi Cannondale HeadShock Reducers
Summary | Full Review | Reader Reviews | Gallery | Discussion
Pair of adaptor cups to reduce head tube size on Cannondale Headshok frames to take standard 1.1/8" fork Steerer

Read more: http://www.roadcyclinguk.com/reviews/co ... z1J9VfCL00

cannondale,,,,

not that this makes them cool....., but still makes interesting reading.... :LOL:

Cannondale has won numerous design awards including the "Publisher's Award for Innovation" from Bicycling Magazine,[citation needed] "Technological Development of the Year Award" from VeloNews magazine,[citation needed] ""Best Of What's New" award from Popular Science,[citation needed] "Best New Products of the Year Award" from Business Week,[citation needed] "Design Recognition Award" from ID magazine,[citation needed] "Computer-Aided Design Award" from Design News magazine,[citation needed] and a "Design and Engineering Award" from Popular Mechanics.[citation needed]

Cannondale mountain bikes have captured 11 World Championships,[citation needed] 17 World Cup Series overall titles,[citation needed] 16 National Championships,[citation needed] and two Olympic medals[citation needed] as well as overall victory in the Cape Epic stage race.[citation needed] The company's road racing bikes have won 11 stages at the Tour de France,[citation needed] 27 stages at the Giro d'Italia,[citation needed] two Giro d'Italia overall victories,[citation needed] a Professional World Championship title,[citation needed] and two Italian National Championships.[citation needed] Cannondale sponsors the Siemens mobile/Cannondale and Saeco/Cannondale road racing teams, and selected regional amateur teams.[citation needed]

More cannondale facts, for anyone has the time or inclination to read it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannondale ... orporation

Back