Avid Brake levers

nice!
you got them NOS?
these are slightly different than the ones for the v-brakes, right?
good luck building the fsr!

I had a bid on those :cool: I was quite disappointed I didn't get em. The next week I was in a local shop enquiring about swanky levers and they dug out these.

bl3.jpg

No box with mine though. lovely things they are too. Tell me, what is the V chip??? I wanted to run mine with V's but everybody on here tells me they won't work.

As far as I know they don't work with V's. I have no idea what the V-chip is for but as mine came with the box and instructions I will have a look for you.

Tim

Page 4 in catalog here tells you what a V-chip is. These levers will work with V's. I pair them up with some Arch Supreme's and they can lock up my wheels as good as disc...well maybe the Arch Supreme's are very good brakes to begin with. They are a little spongy but my disc set up is spongy and that's the way I like it too.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... emId=11149

development_cycle":3b0kqu40 said:
As far as I know they don't work with V's. I have no idea what the V-chip is for but as mine came with the box and instructions I will have a look for you.

Tim

Thanks Octsoc realy usefull info :) So the V chip is just the pivot thingy the cable nipple goes into, not a extra bit. Does this mean Avid redesigned it for V's :?: I'm not sure but in the catalogue pic I'm sure it looks a little smaller than the one on mine, can't really tell though...

:idea: Hey Tim, I'd be really grateful if you could post a pic of your levers taken from the same angle (showing the pivot) as the pic I posted. Then I can be sure.

Thanks people :D

So if that piece was redesigned by making it smaller to get more cable pull for V's, I think the canti Ultimate's could probably be converted to V's by swaping that piece with one from a current Avid lever. Just an idea, not that I I have tried this before. Let me check this evening, I have all sort of Avid levers.

fuzzywig":2bwoini0 said:
Thanks Octsoc realy usefull info :) So the V chip is just the pivot thingy the cable nipple goes into, not a extra bit. Does this mean Avid redesigned it for V's :?: I'm not sure but in the catalogue pic I'm sure it looks a little smaller than the one on mine, can't really tell though...

:idea: Hey Tim, I'd be really grateful if you could post a pic of your levers taken from the same angle (showing the pivot) as the pic I posted. Then I can be sure.

Thanks people :D

The black & silver ones are Tri-Aligns aren't they?

I picked up a set just like these last month.

Back