FSOT 18" Voodoo D-jab. Now frame only £500 ono

keitht

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Got this to replace the Cove. In a sort of I wish I had never sold the Cove sort of moment.

Anyway, its a little too big for me. Turns out Voodoo sizes out a little larger than normal, and although I have tried, it really is a touch big...more like a 19" than an 18".
She is in excellent fully working condition. Forks are like new, shifting is smooth, brakes are recently bled.
( Child seat carrier not inc, or rear light. )

D-jab2011_0312_142638.jpg

D-jab2011_0312_142812.jpg

3AL/2.5V Titanium frame with oversized tubing. Not the lightest in its class, but a very tough capable chassis.
Sliding dropouts for SS use if required.

Well specced, and with little use. I changed a few components when I bought her inc the WTB/DT Swiss wheels, stem, seatpost, pedals, XTR mech, new cassette and chain. Full spec listed below.

Frame 3AL/2.5V Titainium
Fork Fox 140mm Float 32 RL
Head Set FSA orbit
Crank Set FSA Afterburner
Bottom Bracket FSA
F-Derailleur XTR Top Swing
R-Derailleur Deore XT RD-M772 SGS Shadow Top normal
Chain Sram 991
Front Brake Avid Juicy 7
Rear Brake Avid Juicy 7
Brake Lever Avid Juicy 7
Shift Lever Deore XT SL-M770 rapid fire
Cog Set Sram 990
Front Hub DT 370
Rear Hub DT 370
Front Rim WTB Laserdisc Trail
Rear Rim WTB Laserdisc Trail
Spokes DT
Front Tire Maxxis Advantage 2.1
Rear Tire Maxxis Advantage 2.1
Handle Bar FSA XC-190 Riser
Stem FSA OS-115 Carbon front plate
Pedal None
Saddle WTB Rocket V Silver
Seat Post FSA SLK Carbon wrapped
Bottlecage Easton carbon

This is not your Halfords/basic spec version. But a far superior custom built XC trail weapon.
More pics on request.

£900 or swap for something comparable in a 17" ( or true 18" ).

Just some extra info on the sizing: Top tube length is actually the same as the equivalent Kona. It's has an extra 2" or so standover due to the higher bottom bracket and chunkier tubes.

I don't find my 20" big when riding, only when straddling. Obviously it has a fairly upright riding position like other long travel hardtail.

D_XZ":1q6k5xo3 said:
Just some extra info on the sizing: Top tube length is actually the same as the equivalent Kona. It's has an extra 2" or so standover due to the higher bottom bracket and chunkier tubes.

I don't find my 20" big when riding, only when straddling. Obviously it has a fairly upright riding position like other long travel hardtail.

Thanks for that.

This link goes to the sizing chart for 2011...not much has changed I think.

http://www.voodoocycles.net/djab.htm

Voodoo D-Jab

That is crazy travel on that fork. That may be your problem there. Although this frame is specd for 100mm- 140mm forks, I contacted Voodoo and asked about if there was any chance of going lower without stressing the headtube. They agreed 80mm would not cause a problem.

I personally have an 18" 2005 D-Jab 650b with an 80mm travel fork which drops it right down. (Better on single track my set up.) Really, it sits and rides like a 16", leaving a good standover height.

Thanks, I appreciate the input.

I had considered that, but now have another frame to put the parts on...

Though if the frame doesn't sell soon, I may end up keeping her as a SS...and will bear the 80mm fork option in mind.

Cheers Keith

I know it's a long shot but do you happen to have the rear brake mounts to run v-brakes on it? I have a d-jab but need the bolt on post adapters. Thank you

Back