ADVICE ON A SALE..

Gonzalez":1qlx1o5h said:
Stevek

I had to look up disparaging, and then i did a thesaurus on it, and I have to come to the conclusion that I wasn't being:
nit-picking, critical, disaproving, judgemental, unsympathetic, or derogatory.
It was just a joke :roll:

"Notting Hill" is what is loosely termed a "chick-flick", whereby.....girls would get together and watch it round someone's house, drink Lambrini, eat chocolate, and possibly put on mail varnish etc while gossiping about other girls who have possibly annoyed them at work. Sometimes the size of their fella's apendage has been known to have been mentioned.

I was merely suggesting that as everyone was "feeling the love" after a bout of misunderstanding..that we might all get together and enjoy a good chick flick where everything turns out fine in the end!

I'm wasted on here :roll: :roll: :roll: :LOL:

I know it was a joke fella! That's why I put the winkie ;) there! :LOL:

Thanks for the description though, my nail varnish is a little chipped so I'll get that rented tonight. ;) :LOL:

Nice!

Crikey chaps! Notting hill? Think some folk need to get in touch with their feminine side.... :LOL:

Hey its all a laugh aint it? :roll:

rody":r3vzgvkm said:
Group hug anyone?

Sorry, been waiting a while to use that picture :?

Pinguwin

P.S. I worked at a place that did have some testiness among the employees in a small division (25 people, so everyone knew everyone). At a catered meal since we met all the quarterly goals, the boss gave words of inspiration and asked if anyone else had something to say, I start to speak and and immediately my boss smirks as he knows I have something odd to say, "I think that we should all share a group hug." About 8-10 of the people get bug-eyed and involuntarily react. Kind of funny how they had instinctive reaction but it was kind of what I was intending heh-heh :twisted:

Attachments

• group-hug.jpg
    group-hug.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,034
Frame issues...

rody":1tzar3b5 said:
Steve and Joe,

Correction of the issues SHOULD be addressed, as a perfect finished product is the expectation of all informed customers.

Glad the group discussion was resolved positively...

Can you feel the love?

Group hug anyone? :LOL:

cheers,

rody

Hey Rody, thanks for your words of wisdom the other week :D

Anyway i took the frame to a framebuilder i know earlier tonight..

He had a good look round it...He has confirmed that it is a hair under the lacquer or build up of lacquer :eek:

He also installed a dropout allignment tool into the back end...I breathed a sigh of relief when he confirmed it was almost perfect :roll:

I will simply machine a wafer of alloy from adjustment barrel...it seems to screw in slightly lower than the other side...

Guess all thats left to do is build it up and ride it :D

That's good news Joe. I'm happy about that. If you take a look at the adjuster though you'll see that someone has already removed some of the knurling (not me) to allow it to operate.

Cheers
Steve

stevek":1wbe3gwi said:
That's good news Joe. I'm happy about that. If you take a look at the adjuster though you'll see that someone has already removed some of the knurling (not me) to allow it to operate.

Cheers
Steve

No its exactly the same as the other side ;) Had the vernier calipers on it last night...Whowzers Steve, it came to me straight from the frame shop in SANTA CRUZ...The adjusters came from PAUL COMP maybe they did their maths a little wrong ;)

If the the dropouts were not accurately alligned i think there would have been issues with the build up..

Just got to find the right parts to build it up now..Think WHITE INDUSTRIES double/double :roll:

Then i will try out this singlespeeding lark :shock:

Ill post up some pics when built :D

If you look at your pic of the adjuster in your for sale ad. http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ck+lobster you'll see plenty of knurling there. If you look at the pic I took (on this thread) of the other side you can see that there isn't as much 'tread' on it.

Visually compare the two yourself, I did and there is a difference. It may be a gnat's chuff but there's a difference.

;)

Back