Penmachno ~ Saturday April 9th - AFTERMATH on page two

Pogo":113apdff said:
Just a bit of info-

-there are roadworks on the A55 by Rhuallt Hill and also Abergele that can cause tailbacks, factor that into your journey if you're heading that way.

Hwyl pawb.
So Whats new ? ;)

Sidewinder":1zn7nryo said:
Pogo":1zn7nryo said:
Just a bit of info-

-there are roadworks on the A55 by Rhuallt Hill and also Abergele that can cause tailbacks, factor that into your journey if you're heading that way.

Hwyl pawb.
So Whats new ? ;)

Mainly the roadworks at Abergele.
Dunno how much people factor delays into their journey but living the other side of the choke hold I don't experience any delays to my journey.

Just thought I would point out that there are problems en-route for some coming here tomorrow....

If I was faced with coming to Penmachno from the Wirral or the NW,
knowing the routes like I do,
I'd travel to Mold and then to Ruthin, Clawddnewydd, Cerrig-y-drudion and then Pentrefoelas to Penmachno.

In other words, read between the lines,
you could do worse and avoid the A55!

;)

Penmachno claimed a few casualties, Dave being the first.

P1010355.JPG

Stunning views and weather.

Penmachno.jpg

P1010357.JPG

P1010363.JPG

P1010364.JPG

P1010365.JPG

P1010367.JPG

P1010370.JPG

P1010372.JPG

P1010374.JPG

P1010375.JPG

P1010376.JPG

P1010377.JPG

P1010378.JPG

P1010379.JPG

P1010380.JPG

P1010383.JPG

P1010384.JPG

P1010386.JPG

P1010387.JPG

P1010388.JPG

P1010389.JPG

P1010390.JPG

P1010391.JPG

P1010392.JPG

P1010395.JPG

Great set of photos Gav.

Lovely days riding yesterday again, although some of those downhills were a bit brutal on a fully rigid bike, as Helen can also testify from her injuries.

Bit of a ride of attrition too, with Neil piking it days before, and Dave being seen off at the first hill. With the second official ride leader departing I had to step up to the plate. Non of us new where we were going or what to expect, but those red arrows were usually fairly easy to spot.
The drop-out rate continued with Pogo's rear mech failing after a few miles leaving him with a roll back to the car.
The next casualty was the long loop due to me having to get back before 6pm. Sorry about that.

I think we were all a bit surprised at how much water there still was, despite one of the driest spring's for a few years. I was soaked to the skin by the deep puddles after some sections. The glorious warm sunshine dried me out pretty quickly.
If the slate had been any wetter then I'm sure we would've had a few more incidents though.

Well worth the trip out there and thanks to everyone again for making it.

Great photos and they seem to show some really nice looking riding. :)
I was pleasantly surprised by the few miles I was able to do and was gutted I had to turn back on such a lovely day, those photos are just adding insult to injury!

But it was good to see you all again and I look forward to my next outing.

Many Thanks to Paul for doing a sterling cross region stand in job as 3rd in line ride leader, as No1 was a no show due to (ahem) work commitments , No2 having the lungs and legs of a 3yr old (note to self ,get off your lazy arse and ride!). Sorry to hear Pogo had a mechanical,as it seems Ironic to get up the hard part only to miss out on the easier bits? anyway here's to the next one, and I promise to practice in the meantime :LOL: and thanks to the World Champion for the somewhat apt pic of myself,and for attending with his harem you should ask Harry Crumb for one of his "World Chanpion"decals and last but certainly not least and certainly not up that bloody hill HC with his nice shiny GT ,cheers All and see you soon. :LOL:

Looks like I missed a stunning ride in an even more stunning location.

Paul, who's was the Saracen (blue/white) one like mine? Nice ;)

I now have 2 of them :LOL:

Rick.

Back