Votes: 1 6.3%
  • NT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ACT

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
skinnyboy":1npcydtf said:
Klein Mantra

oooh.. I'm intrigued by the Mantra, I think the prettiest bike and the ugliest bike I have seen online have both been Mantras.

Hope you get it!

Slow6":3dqua09u said:
skinnyboy":3dqua09u said:
Klein Mantra

oooh.. I'm intrigued by the Mantra, I think the prettiest bike and the ugliest bike I have seen online have both been Mantras.

Hope you get it!

I agree, its one fugly bike but strangely cool, never ridden one in anger so I imagine its like a space hopper. I am a bit undecided since i have a few projects on the drawing board that need attention first and funds are being directed towards the mrs's school fees!

There was a dark blue lightningy one (klein colorway lingo fail) with a backward K on the head tube with cream panaracers on here a while ago that looked pretty good.

This was the one I was thinking of... owned by dancingjack.

IMG_5641.jpg

Do you know how I read that?:

"Im a veteran Mountainbiker with a crap load of years of off-road riding under my belt and I thrash the wippets on beach road 6 days a week so i'm going to ride the pants off you punks"

;) :LOL:[/quote]

Arran, you flatter me. total miles covered last twelve months <200.
A couple of young kids and a wife that worked shifts has limited the oppurtunities to get on a bike for some years now, and I'm no fan of spinning on the rollers inside. I don't do this for fitness, I just like riding a bike.

Anywhere else to ride?
There's plenty out this way but it would mean a big drive for most.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=113170&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

That trail is pretty good anywhere between Daylesford and Castlemaine.

Otherwise I don't know about you blokes but not having lived in the city for years a lazy pootle up the Yarra from the city into the burbs, nice big lunch and some retro chat wouldn't kill me. Could be an ok way to kick things off for starters and I'm sure we could find a bush to photograph ourselves in front of to give the impression that we were roughing it.

Perhaps a ride in the coffe & cake style might be a nice introduction. Also, should be the chance of a bit of off the path action around Kew & Collingwood in the Yarra bend area, unless your'e not allowed to ride in there anymore. Or split the difference and get onto a rail trail just out of Melbourne? Lilydale - Coldstream, Warburton, or Eildon. Any rail trails or similar just out the North of Melbourne Slow6? I don't get out that way much anymore!

Back