Coolwall April 2011 - Cannondale

Collwall April 2011 - Cannondale

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
someone said 1" headset ?think you are confused with Orange matey

Pre-1992 Cannondales were 1in. At least, I think it was 1992 - I've got a 1991 with 1in and a 1993 with 1.25in, at least ;)

Anyway, undoubtedly cool. Check old MBUKs with Jamie Tatlow in for clinching proof :)

Yep, they're cool - that's all there is too it.

Very good quality, innovative designs, great race teams all mean cool to me.

One of the very few brands that I lusted over as a kid, and when I finally got my hands on one (even though it's not a retro) it's lived up to the expectations.

Cool then. Cool now. Just cool.

Cool?

This is a thread about retro-bikes in the pre 1997 area. The entire time I was aware of Cannondale until the late 90's when I got out of touch with the scene they were well respected bikes.
I knew a couple of guys with 'dales and they were hard riders who rode kit because it worked.

However, the 'cool' bikes that stick in my mind are Pace's, Bontragers, Merlins and Kleins. These were the kind of bikes that defined their riders and attracted attention from those outside the circle of riding buddies.

Oranges, Konas, Dyna-Techs and the like were and are cool bikes but they never had the superstar factor.

I think Cannondale make an interesting case for a 3 way split, Uncool - Cool - Sub Zero (natch TG).

Dale are not uncool and therefore cool. No-one would be ashamed to be seen on a 3.0series 'dale and I remeber wanting one very badly indeed, but they are not in the Pace / Klien / Serotta / Bonty OR school of cool.

:cool:

Stick Legs":1feilas1 said:
Cool?

This is a thread about retro-bikes in the pre 1997 area. The entire time I was aware of Cannondale until the late 90's when I got out of touch with the scene they were well respected bikes.
I knew a couple of guys with 'dales and they were hard riders who rode kit because it worked.

However, the 'cool' bikes that stick in my mind are Pace's, Bontragers, Merlins and Kleins. These were the kind of bikes that defined their riders and attracted attention from those outside the circle of riding buddies.

Oranges, Konas, Dyna-Techs and the like were and are cool bikes but they never had the superstar factor.

I think Cannondale make an interesting case for a 3 way split, Uncool - Cool - Sub Zero (natch TG).

Dale are not uncool and therefore cool. No-one would be ashamed to be seen on a 3.0series 'dale and I remeber wanting one very badly indeed, but they are not in the Pace / Klien / Serotta / Bonty OR school of cool.

:cool:

+ 1..

Super cool! The reason I took up mountain biking. Up until I saw the Cannondale ad in Cycling, mountain biking was just a sad fad for fluro freaks. Fat tubes, lightweight frames, suspension...on a bike! Revolutionary for me.

The thing I enjoy most about these polls is the fact that people post pics of bikes, like the people that voted uncool must be thinking of some other bike!!

Just vindicates the fact I said no.

al. :LOL:

ooooooohhh!

Cannondale, I thought you meant Apollo.

That's a big yes from me.

al. ;)

ps This jibe is not meant to offend any Crackenfale owners,I'm just joshing. ;) still No though.

al":c87a1pe2 said:
ooooooohhh!

Cannondale, I thought you meant Apollo.

That's a big yes from me.

al. ;)

ps This jibe is not meant to offend any Crackenfale owners,I'm just joshing. ;) still No though.

....lol....I think al, ( your jovial jibes aside for a minute..... ;)) , its nice when members take the time to contribute to a thread with pics of there bikes.

I know thats why im here...!!!....my fasination is the bicycle. Full stop.

Whilst my preferred horses "are" made from steel, my mind was always open to new ideas.......... ;)

I did smile at your crackenfale comment.....lol..., whilst i suspect most manufacturers do experience a small percentage of frame failures, (due to abuse/misuse/ etc, ) in over seven years as a successful cannondale retailer, and certainly more than 500 bikes, i never once had to return a frame due to a frame failure of any kind.

...."crakenfale"................funny... :LOL:

Back